Senior Property Manager
1 day left
- Full Time
Growing national Property Management Company is currently seeking a Senior Property Manager with lease up and multi-site experience for our brand new 319 unit luxury high-rise and existing 450 unit garden style communities in McLean, VA. Managing both properties will require strong motivation, marketing, and teaching skills. In addition, strong local market knowledge and the ability to lease and close deals will be imperative. Responsibilities will include implementing cost-control and revenue improvement programs as well as developing annual operating budgets and sales and marketing plans. As always in our field, the ability to efficiently address residents’ concerns, develop on-site systems, and lead your team is also required.
- Train and lead your staff
- Maintain an excellent customer service reputation
- Lead and motivate your team to lease 25 units per month during the initial “lease-up”
- Effectively tour, lease, and move in prospective residents
- Implement training and guidelines to ensure leasing associates achieve the highest standards with shopping report scores
- Achieve the highest possible net operating income through the implementation of effective cost control and revenue improvement programs
- Analyze operational information and recommend appropriate strategies and initiatives to improve NOI.
- Develop annual operating budgets and marketing plans.
- Work with multiple parties to provide accurate and timely information to the Regional Manager and owners.
- Understand and support the owners’ objectives for the property.
- Effectively monitor all income, including delinquencies
- Effectively supervise affordable housing component of the property
- Ensure landlord/resident statutes are followed
- Analyze and recommend pricing strategies.
- Ensure websites and printed material are accurate and continually updated
- Analyze and evaluate financial statements.
- Implement programs for resident retention and service request follow-up
- Introduce and monitor effective lease renewal programs.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the local submarket and all competitors, and ensure the leasing staff does likewise.
- Ensure that all units are market ready
- Design an effective preventative maintenance program to monitor service request turnaround and ensure the responsiveness of the maintenance staff
- Promote and teach safe work practices among on-site staff and ensure all safety programs are implemented and followed
- Communicate effectively with owners, residents, and on-site associates
Each of your responsibilities must be performed with the energy and accuracy it requires. The essential knowledge, skills, and abilities needed are outlined below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job’s essential functions.
- High school education or equivalent is required; a college degree is a plus but not a requirement
- Ability to fluently read and write English, accurately perform intermediate mathematical functions and use all on-site resident management software functions
- At least five years experience as a Property Manager - including lease up, renovations, and multi site management.
- Ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year.
- Ability to serve on-call, as scheduled or as necessary
- Ability to travel to attend various company gatherings either in the general vicinity of your home property or in another state
- Ability to manage a lease up and stabilized property simultaneously
- Ability to train and motivate others
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to close a lease
- Strong customer service orientation
- Good understanding of sales and marketing concepts
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize wisely
- Knowledge of on-site maintenance requirements, including dealing with vendors and contractors
- Basic computer and Internet knowledge
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel; proficiency with Outlook
- Experience with property management software, preferably Yardi and Yieldstar
Learning and Development:
- Commit to ongoing professional development and career growth
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for Senior Property Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly