Benefit Client Manager
When you are describing your ideal work environment does it involve phrases like “one of the Mid-Atlantic regions largest and fastest growing independent insurance firms”, or “widely acknowledged as one of the industry’s most innovative and progressive agencies”? Maybe you look for things like “competitive benefits plan”, “beautiful facility”, or “fun and rewarding culture with opportunities for growth” when you are looking at potential employers. Well if this sounds like exactly what you have been waiting for then don’t wait any longer! Sparks Group has partnered with a premier independent insurance agency in the Hunt Valley area in their search for a tenured Benefit Client Manager. If you currently hold a Maryland life and health insurance producer license and have a firm working knowledge of group benefits in multiple product lines, and have experience working as a client liaison and representative in a business to business scenario then this is what you are looking for!
- Prepare Annual Service Plans for clients in concert with Senior Consultant. Meet with clients quarterly or as necessary.
- Serve as primary liaison between internal departments, carriers, and clients. Under direction, serve as the primary technical advisor to clients on all group insurance issues
- Interface effectively and confidently with senior management of clients and/or prospects, representing the insurance company in the highest professional manner.
- Oversee/approve all vendor, plan design, and financial recommendations, in concert with Senior Consultant and/or Benefits Analyst.
- Prepare implementation schedule and manage vendor and/or plan implementations.
- Review drafts of all employee communication pieces.
- Review and sign-off on all agreements and/or documents (employee booklets, carrier contracts, Summary Plan Descriptions, etc.).
- Schedule and lead client meetings in concert with Senior Consultant.
- Collaborate with client account team members to prepare annual pre-renewal, renewal, claims review, open enrollment, and other client meetings as required.
- Coordinate open enrollment meetings and communications and conduct enrollment meetings as necessary.
- Manage client teams and relationships within teams effectively.
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships with insurance carriers and administrators to generate optimal results for clients (competitive costs, competitive renewals, expedient problem resolution, including escalated employee issue resolution, etc.).
- Prepare written correspondence, reports, and analyses as needed.
- Help manage profitability at both the client and book-of-business levels.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field preferred, or equivalent experience in the insurance industry.
- Experience in employee benefits, human resources, and/or account management required.
- Must currently hold a Maryland life and health insurance producer license and retain the license by meeting the continuing education requirements
- Must have a firm working knowledge of group benefits in multiple product lines (i.e., medical, dental, life, AD&D, disability), self-funding arrangements, and a basic understanding of risk management.
- Must have the ability to travel as needed.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Work, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!