Agent Associate (FSNE Nutrition Educator & Project Leader - St. Mary's County)
Food Supplement Nutrition Education program (FSNE) conducted by the University of Maryland Extension. The educator will deliver nutrition education programs to low income residents in St. Mary’s County with emphasis on reaching food stamp recipients. The position will be housed at the St. Mary’s County Extension office in Leonardtown, MD.
• Serve as Project Leader for St. Mary’s County FSNE Project.
• Develop the FSNE annual proposal with input from collaborators.
• Manage FSNE project budget, including tracking and documenting expenditures.
• Plan and conduct nutrition education programs for food stamp participants in St. Mary’s County.
• Collaborate with local food assistance programs to develop and distribute nutrition information.
• Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations to plan, implement, and evaluate programs and seek new partnerships to deliver nutrition education programs, with a focus on multi-level interventions as depicted in the Socio-Ecological Model.
• Use FSNE evaluation instruments to conduct program assessment and report formative, process, and outcome evaluation data.
• Attend FSNE staff development programs and participate in monthly conference calls.
For more information, access a complete position description and qualifications along with an electronic application at https//ejobs.umd.edu. Position # 122978. Open until suitable candidate is found. EOE