Law Firm Billing Opportunities
LEGAL BILLING OPPORTUNITIES
Multiple metro-accessible openings with Washington, D.C. law firms in need of Billing Personnel:
A leading national boutique law firm is seeking a Billing Supervisor, with previous experience, for their DC office. This will be a working supervisory position responsible for coordinating the activities of the billing staff in addition to the production and mailing of monthly bills for assigned attorneys and their clients. The Billing Supervisor will assist in the preparation of monthly status reports and miscellaneous administrative matters, as well as ensure that the entire billing department meets the guidelines and standards as established by the Firm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of client terms, discount arrangements, lawyer and client preferences while managing the complete billing process for assigned billing responsible attorneys
- Produce firm standard billing proformas for review by billing responsible attorneys each month
- Edit and finalize invoices based on instructions provided by the billing responsible attorneys and client guidelines
- Submit electronic invoices via e-billing guidelines
- Respond to information requests from lawyers, clients and staff related to client billings
- Monitor invoices submitted through the various e-billing systems to ensure submission
- Follow-up with billing responsible attorneys to ensure timely processing of bills
- Research proformas or billing-related inquiries
- Produce monthly statements for outstanding invoices and send same to clients
- Document and standardize operational procedures/processes for the department
Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years in similar position
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Previous experience in a law firm or a professional services firm required
- Must be proficient in Elite Enterprise System and e-Billing Hub
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong experience with a wide array of e-billing vendors, including but not limited to: Serengeti, Counsel Link, Chubb, Tymetrix as well as LEDES file knowledge
- Ability to demonstrate self-motivation and ownership of assigned work
- Ability to interact with legal and administrative personnel
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage numerous initiatives and activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
A Global firm with a strong DC presence has an immediate need for an experienced legal billing professional to join their Billing Department. Responsibilities will include; review bill requests to ensure information is accurate and complete, identify matters with escrow and/or unapplied cash balances and coordinate with the billing attorney and the Cash Group for application to outstanding balances, resolve errors, work closely with attorneys and clients on special billing requirements, draft bill edits including transfers of fee and/or disbursement entries to correct client/matter(s) as submitted on bill request, ensure billing attorneys and responsible attorneys have provided detailed explanations for billing exceptions, including all billing adjustments to ensure bill requests are in compliance with firm guidelines, and assist others in the department as needed.
Candidate needs to have law firm experience and a minimum of three years of experience as well as a thorough understanding of the electronic billing processes, including the creation of LEDES files and using third party e-billing submission systems. Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, and Outlook is needed. Superior communication skills, verbal and written are required. Candidate needs to have the ability to work in a fast paced environment while managing shifting priorities. Working with Elite or Aderant is preferred. Hours are 9:00 – 5:30.
IP Billing Coordinator
A large Washington, D.C. firm with a busy IP practice has an immediate need for an IP Billing Coordinator. This position reports to the Manager of Billing and Client Services, and will have on-going interaction and communication with timekeepers, business services staff, and clients. Responsibilities will include: generates and distributes pro formas, creates invoices, edits cost, time and narratives, identifies and resolves billing issues, both in paper format and e-billing format, resolves billing inquiries, and work closely with attorneys on additional billing matters.
Candidate should have five years of billing patent prosecution matters, large firm experience is preferred. Familiarity with retrieving information from USPTO online resources, and in particular, information from the Patent Application Information Retrieval (PAIR) system and customer account information. Proficiency in e-billing is required (e.g. Serengeti, Collaborati, Legal Precision, eBillingHub) and Elite, MS Word and Excel is required. Candidate should be detail-oriented with excellent organizational and communication skills. This is a great opportunity to join a prestigious law firm!
Please submit your resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!