Coordinator, Development and Strategic Partnerships
Under the direction of the Director, Development and Strategic Partnerships this position is responsible for the coordination of key aspects of Development and Strategic Partnerships department activities including fundraising and committee activities. The incumbent provides support for various administrative activities of the department by coordinating the logistics, schedules, and workflow of the department and new initiatives that support the growth and development of strategic partnerships.
What you'll bring to the job:
- BA/BS, or equivalent experience; experience in healthcare or pharma a plus
- At least 1 year experience in related positions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and meet established deadlines
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office or similar tools.
- Ability to learn new technology as required
- Occasional travel and ability to attend some weekend meetings required
We believe in and empower our staff. We know that with our investment in their growth, they have an even greater potential to contribute to our organization. Our core values embody the character and culture of our staff – they guide our decision making, interactions and how we serve our members. As an organization, we are committed to: demonstrating responsible stewardship, treating one another with trust and mutual respect, supporting work life balance, sustaining an inclusive environment, and fostering an environment that encompasses communication, service, collaboration, results & innovation.
What you'll own:
- Work with department staff to prepare and finalize grant submissions as assigned. Responsibilities include:
- Preparing grant submissions materials for assigned programs
- Finalizing reconciliations for grants received (e.g., sending reminders to other staff for information needed to complete reconciliations)
- Updating staff on all grant submissions for inclusion in sponsorship and grant status reporting
- Filing of all LOA (Letters of Agreement) and preparation of LOA’s for ACCME submissions
- Providing backup maintenance and support of accurate lists of online portals, passwords, and other information used for submitting grants
- Work with department staff to prepare and finalize all committee preparations (e.g., communication with members, notebook preparation, logistics, etc.) Responsibilities include:
- Coordinating conference calls with committees and subcommittees.
- Working with Director and other staff on CLB Subcommittee logistics (e.g., conference call scheduling, roster, etc.)
- Preparing agenda materials and distributing to members; preparing minutes in a timely manner
- Coordinating logistics for committee, client and corporate visit meetings (e.g., travel coordination for Senior Director, Corporate Relations and other staff as needed)
- Preparing, maintaining, and distributing key departmental reports, including a weekly sponsorship report, grant status report, and updates for committee meetings (e.g., Council, Finance & Audit Committee) under the supervision of the Director, Development and Strategic Partnerships
- Maintaining accurate and user-friendly fundraising and industry contacts database
- Maintain the master list and oversee the implementation of all CLB member benefits of membership, including scheduling of semi-annual meetings, coordination of complimentary memberships, approving access to members-only content, scheduling monthly calls with ES leadership, coordination of media relations and advocacy support with internal staff
- Update department and CLB webpages with fresh content as needed
- Provide administrative assistance to the Chief and Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships to include calendar scheduling, meeting preparation, travel arrangements, documents tracking and some research projects; and
- Assist with the development of proposals to support innovative program and product development by internal information gathering and external research.
- Ordering all supplies for department
- Preparing for various functions at Endocrine Society Annual Meeting Providing administrative support to department as needed
What you’ll do well:
- Works cooperatively with others to achieve common goals. Ability to effectively work and complete assignments in group settings by listening and responding appropriately to other team members, offering support, conferring with team members about their concerns, expressing disagreement constructively and works towards solutions that all team members can support.
- Establishing a course of action to achieve results. Anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks and communicates roadblocks/challenges with supervisor. Focuses on what matters and readily owns decisions, effectively prioritizes and meets deadlines. Collaborates with others to get task or project completed.
- Conveys information in a compelling and inspiring manner. Understand listener needs and appropriately tailors written and oral communications. Delivers appropriate, direct and straightforward information and creates understanding with two-way dialogue. Checks others’ understanding of information.
What you'll get out of it:
- Working with a staff that has passion for our mission, believes in one another and has fun.
- The chance to work in an environment that empowers staff to take informed risks and create new programs and services.
- A chance to contribute in a fun job with room to make it your own.
- A strong and competitive salary and benefits package that focuses on your well-being and financial health.
Endocrine Society offers a convenient downtown DC location within walking distance of Farragut North/Farragut West and Foggy Bottom metro stations. Qualified candidates interested in a purposeful- work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, including a generous TIAA-CREF retirement plan with a 10% employer contribution, should submit resume and cover letter with your application.
When applying to this position, you will be directed to an external job application site hosted by ADP. If you are a first-time user, please register for your unique login information before applying for this position.