Program Manager, Technology Policy Studies
The American Enterprise Institute seeks a full-time program manager for its Technology Policy Studies program focused on internet, communications, and technology policy.
AEI’s technology policy work focuses on advancing policies to encourage innovation, competition, and growth in communications and technology. The program manager will work closely with AEI’s technology policy scholars, managing the program’s quotidian activities and AEI’s technology policy blogs and TechPolicyDaily newsletter.
Additionally, the program manager is expected to:
- Be a strong writer, capable of drafting and editing research papers, journal publications, congressional testimonies, and opinion articles;
- Provide research and administrative support for technology policy scholars;
- Be capable of managing multiple projects, initiatives, conferences, and deadlines simultaneously;
- Assist scholars with conceptualizing and executing original writing, research, and private and public conferences; and
- Be well versed in internet and communications policy, including telecommunications, regulation in high-tech industries, digital privacy, antitrust, intellectual property, information technology, internet governance, and cyber and data security.
The ideal candidate for this position will have an outstanding academic record and 2–5 years experience working in a technology and communications policy environment, with extensive project-management responsibilities and excellent writing, research, and communications skills. The candidate should have a demonstrated interest in a wide range of policy topics and should have a strong grasp of Washington institutions and current events.
If interested, please submit an online application to www.aei.org/jobs, complete with a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and a writing sample.
The American Enterprise Institute (AEI) is a public policy think tank dedicated to defending human dignity, expanding human potential, and building a freer and safer world. The work of its scholars and staff advances ideas rooted in a belief in democracy, free enterprise, American strength and global leadership, solidarity with those at the periphery of our society, and a pluralistic, entrepreneurial culture.
AEI is committed to making the intellectual, moral, and practical case for expanding freedom, increasing individual opportunity, and strengthening the free enterprise system in America and around the world. Its work explores ideas that further these goals, and AEI scholars take part in this pursuit with academic freedom. AEI operates independently of any political party and has no institutional positions. Its scholars’ conclusions are fueled by rigorous, data-driven research and broad-ranging evidence.