Pharmacist / Supervisory Pharmacist
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- For permanent positions, two year probationary period may be required.
- For Temp/Term positions, one year trial period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Work schedule may require shift work or rotating shifts (evenings, weekends and holiday).
- One-year supervisory probationary period may be required. A one-year probationary period is required if the selectee has not previously met this requirement.
- Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- This position may be designated as Emergency Essential.
- This position may be designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
Degree: Successful completion of at least a four-year bachelor degree in pharmacy recognized by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education.
Licensure/Certification: All applicants must be currently licensed to practice pharmacy in a State, a territory of the United States, or the District of Columbia
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
For GS-11: To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Pharmacy experience is defined as: dispensing medication, preparing pharmaceuticals, and monitoring the administration of medications.This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09).
Education Substitution for Specialized Experience for GS-11: Successful completion of a 6-year course of study leading to a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree.
For GS-12: Specialized experience is defined as: dispensing medication, preparing pharmaceuticals, and providing inpatient or outpatient functions such as developing pharmacokinetics and pharmacotherapeutic regimens.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, and qualifications for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.