- Full Time
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
** NOTE: RECRUITMENT INCENTIVE MAY BE AUTHORIZED PENDING FURTHER APPROVAL **
About the Position:
FORT DETRICK: The installation is located within the boundaries of the city of Frederick which offers modern housing, schools, recreation areas, excellent utilities, and access to major metropolitan areas. Situated between Baltimore, MD (46 miles), Washington, DC (45 miles), Frederick County, MD adjoins Virginia, West Virginia and Pennsylvania. Fort Detrick is located within the geographic boundaries of Frederick, MD, the second largest city in Maryland. Baltimore, MD & Washington DC are within 50 miles. Real estate and other costs are significantly affected by the close proximity of these two major metropolitan areas. For more information please visit our website at http://www.detrick.army.mil
FOREST GLEN: The Forest Glen Annex, MD is a densely populated metropolitan area, with unique requirements. Other Advantages: All Federal Agencies in the National Capital Region offer qualified employees a monthly stipend as a transit or vanpool subsidy to help and reduce traffic congestion and air pollution. Generally, staff members who take part must give up there parking permits to receive the subsidy. Federal (Civil Service) employees who use public transportation to van pool to Walter Reed are entitled to free Metro Check Pass which can be used to save up to $105 per month in transit costs.
This is a term appointment not to exceed 6 years. Contingent to specific conditions there may be an opportunity to be noncompetitively converted to a career-conditional or career appointment.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 19 position.
- Personnel Background Investigation
- This position is subject to the Lautenberg Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968.
- This position is covered by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Program.
- A physical examination is required for this position.
- This position will require the incumbent to pass a physical fitness/agility test.
- This position will require the incumbent to operate motor vehicles.
- This position requires shift work.
- This position has been designated as an Inclement Weather position.
- This position requires the incumbent to wear a uniform and /or protective clothing and equipment.
- This position requires certification in the Individual Reliability Program in accordance with AR 190-56.
- This position will require CPR certification and First Aid training.
- This position requires the incumbent to be proficient in the use of assigned firearms.
- This position requires the incumbent to successfully complete security guard training.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe one year of specialized experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: Experience such as work with a Federal, State, municipal, local, or private protective organization that involved controlling access to restricted areas, patrolling, maintaining order, and protecting life or property. Such experience must have provided a knowledge of protective systems and techniques. Acceptable experience includes service in the Armed Services or Coast Guard that involved the performance of guard duties on a regular or intermittent basis.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the Federal service (GS-05).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Access Control Operations
- Incident Response
- Search Techniques
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Procedures information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.