- Full Time
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
NOTE: This position is a TERM position. It is time-limited and may be extended up to a maximum of six years. This position MAY be converted to permanent career or career-conditional
appointment without further competition as long as all requirements are met. To be eligible for conversion, employee must complete at least 2 years of current continuous service under a term appointment in the competitive service AND employee must have a current performance rating under such term appointment of at least fully successful or equivalent.
Selection under this position does not imply nor guarantee conversion to a permanent appointment.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination- a Top Secret-SCI security clearance is required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 19 position- Physical Security and Law Enforcement.
- Pre-employment and random drug testing will be required.
- Candidates will be required to undergo a Level One Assessment which will consist of approximately three consecutive days and include a personality assessment and behavioral interview.
- On call/weekend/holiday work may be required.
- Temporary business travel of 25% will be required and may include within and outside the Continental United States.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience: One year of specialized experience which includes applying knowledge of Special Security, physical, personnel, information, Operations Security (OPSEC), antiterrorism, force protection and Communications Security (COMSEC) programs. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Attention to Detail
- Communications Strategy
- Computer Skills
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must qualify based on experience alone- no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Procedures information sheet.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI