The Family and Morale Welfare and Recreation Command (FMWRC) mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
This position is locate at the Family Pet Care Center: A small, pet-friendly facility that can accommodate 48 dogs and 11 cats. The "condo-like" quarters will make this "Your pet's home away from home." The grassy areas are fenced and dig-proof that has access to veterinarian 24 hours a day. This position is caring for animals and assists eligible patrons with their pet care needs.
LOCATION: Fort Meade Family Pet Care Center.
Work Schedule: Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Fort Meade Local Commuting Area. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
The Local (Fort Meade) Commuting Area includes the following:
Washington Local Commuting Area: District of Columbia
Maryland: Counties of Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Calvert, Carroll, Charles, Frederick, Harford, Howard, Montgomery, Prince George's, St. Mary's and Washington
Virginia: Counties of Albermarle, Arlington, Clarke, Culpeper, Fairfax, Fauquier, Greene, King George, Loudoun, Madison, Orange, Prince William, Spotsylvania, and Stafford.
*** NOTE: Applicants who meet both the minimum qualifications and highly preferred criteria listed in the announcement will be referred first. Preference eligible candidates who do not meet this criteria will not be referred as highly preferred. ***
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Conditions of Employment:
1.If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).
2. Appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3.
3. Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-13, i. to include a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
4. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable installation record checks/credit check to determine suitability for this position.
5. Do you possess and have the ability to maintain a valid state Driver's License?
6. Must be able to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
2. Do you possess one (1) year specialized experience in managing a Pet Care business?
3. Do you possess a four (4) years education above high school level in a related field?
1. Do you Possess twelve (12) months experience in observing, handling, and caring for animals at a family pet care center?
2. Do you possess knowledge of animals' characteristic, needs, and behaviors?
3. Do you have experience administering oral medications to dog and cats?
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)