Senior Operations Advisor (Human and Community Development), MC-301-2d
Whether you are new to the Federal Government or an experienced professional seeking a career change, visit our Website at http://www.mcc.gov to see the kinds of dynamic projects our staff are undertaking. If you want a career where you can see the difference your work makes, then join the Millennium Challenge Corporation!
Our model is defined by principles of selectivity, country ownership, transparency, and a focus on results. Our values identify who we are and what is important to us. MCC's values are CLEAR - Collaboration, Learning, Excellence, Accountability and Respect. We recruit staff that will embody and uphold these values.
This position is located in the Sector Operations (SO) Division, Department of Department of Compact Operations (DCO), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).
Although the position is advertised equivalent to SES/SL in pay, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band MC-2C which is generally equal to SES/SL pay only.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
.To qualify for pay band 2d you must meet the following:
Have at least one year of specialized experience comparable to the MCC Pay Band 3a (GS-15) or an equivalent level which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. For this position, this experience is defined as: senior level experience developing and monitoring policies, strategies, processes, and programs related to human and community development, specifically on education, employability, skills development, human capacity building and education systems strengthening; experience leading project and program design, development and implementation related to the integration of social scientific analysis into large-scale development programs; experience monitoring and managing issue resolution associated with complex, multi-year development programs and activities; and experience representing an organization to senior U.S. Government officials, representatives of foreign governments, and a variety of other stakeholders, both domestic and international.Note: This experience MUST be well documented within your resume or application.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to ensure the work history portion thoroughly documents the duties, responsibilities, and accomplishments that are directly related to this position in order to verify specialized experience.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. To receive credit you must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours worked per week.
- Other benefits: Convenient location to metro, eligibility to join State Department Federal Credit Union, flexible work schedule and free use of an on-site gym and locker room with shower facility.
- The posting of this announcement does not obligate management to fill a vacancy or vacancies by promotion. "The position may be filled by reassignment, change to lower level, transfer, appointment, or reinstatement. Management may use any one or any combination of these methods to fill the position."
- Qualifications by Closing Date: You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement. Please note that qualification claims will be subject to verification.
- Pay: Your pay will be set within the range specified in this vacancy announcement and will be based on your qualifications, education, experience, training, and availability of funds.
- The recommended salary may be at any point in the range listed for this vacancy.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program: If you are an eligible ICTAP applicant you may apply for special selection consideration. You must meet minimum qualifications, including selective factors, experience, and education requirements (if applicable), and be rated well-qualified for the position (i.e., placed in the well qualified category or above based on your responses to the Occupational Questionnaire). You must provide a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel actions form with your application. More information: http://www.opm.gov/ctap/index.asp.
- Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower pay band level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level, nor is the promise of promotion implied.
- DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE: PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/ application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Your resume must contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make a qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
- Selectee may be required to complete a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Form (OGE 450).
- Probationary/Trial Period: You may be required to serve a one-year probationary/trial period.
- Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government contractor issued travel card to be used for official business.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based on Category Rating procedures. Once you complete and submit your application package, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Applicants may be evaluated by subject matter experts. Your resume must specifically and clearly show your possession of the required specialized experience and your possession of the required competencies. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Oral Communication
- Technical Competence
Based on the information you provided in your application package, we will assign you to one of three quality categories - Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Those applicants who are determined to be best qualified will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. Qualified veterans are placed ahead of non-veterans within each category. Qualified veterans with a service connected disability of 10% or more are placed ahead of non-veterans in the best qualified category.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience your category can and will be adjusted to more reflect your abilities, and you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Application of veteran's Preference: Category rating and selection procedures place those with veteran's preference above non-preference eligible within each category. Veterans who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements and who have compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent are listed in highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher. http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#GS-PROF-OCCUPATIONS Read more Security clearance Secret