Administrative Operations Assistant, GS-0303-06/07 (DEU - EC)
Are you an Administrative professional looking for a position in the Federal workforce? Do you have a passion for providing customer service? Do you want to be part of an important aspect of the Federal Government, helping with exciting and groundbreaking incentives? If you answered "yes" to these questions, then this is the job for you! Come join the USGS and start doing the job you've always dreamed of!
Why Is It Great To Work For The USGS?
Embark on an exciting future! From the peaks of the highest mountains to the depths of the deepest seas, the U.S. Geological Survey has career opportunities that make a difference in both the lives of others and in the environment. Would you like to join the more than 10,000 scientists, technicians, and support staff of the USGS who are working in more than 400 locations throughout the United States? Apply today! As the Nation's largest water, earth, and biological science and civilian mapping agency, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) collects, monitors, analyzes, and provides scientific understanding about natural resource conditions, issues, and problems. The diversity of our scientific expertise enables us to carry out large-scale, multi-disciplinary investigations and provide impartial, timely, and relevant scientific information to resource managers, planners, and other customers related to: the health of our ecosystems and environment; natural hazards that threaten us; natural resources we rely on, and; the impact of climate and land-use changes. For more information about the USGS please visit http://www.usgs.gov
What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
This position is under a bargaining unit.
- GS-06: $40,442 (Step 01) to $52,579 (Step 10)
- GS-07: $44,941 (Step 01) to $58,428 (Step 10)
Open to current or former Federal employees: RES-2017-0274
Learn more about this agency
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Are There Any Special Requirements For This Position?
- A background investigation will be required for this position. Continued employment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
- Throughout the recruitment and hiring process we will be communicating with you via email; therefore, it is imperative that the email address you provide when applying for this vacancy remains active. Should your email address change, please notify the point of contact identified in the vacancy announcement as soon as possible so that we can update our system.
If you are qualifying based on specialized experience, you must meet the requirements listed below:
One year of specialized experience in or directly related to this position that equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of this position. To be creditable, the required specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the GS-05 level in the Federal service. Example of GS-5 level work: Performs standard and nonstandard assignments involving different and unrelated processes or methods in varying sequence; work requires extensive knowledge of rules, operations, or business practices. Follows accepted practices in resolving nonrecurring problems and meeting deadlines; completed products are evaluated for effectiveness in meeting goals; extensive guidelines in the form of instructions, manuals, and regulations are applied. **OR a combination of appropriate specialized experience (as described above) and graduate education to meet the qualification requirements.
One year of specialized experience in or directly related to this position that equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of this position. To be creditable, the required specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the GS-06 level in the Federal service. Examples of GS-6 level work: 1) Processes a wide variety of transactions subject to different sets of rules and regulations. Regarded as an expert source of information on processing transactions; completed work is reviewed for conformance with policy and regulatory requirements; numerous and varied guidelines are adapted and applied; 2) Performs a segment of the evaluative work of an administrative function; identifies issues or problems and seeks alternative solutions consistent with applicable regulations. Works independently in completing assignments; completed work is reviewed for effectiveness in meeting goals; guidelines such as regulations, evaluation criteria, and precedents have gaps in specificity. **OR a combination of appropriate specialized experience (as described above) and graduate education that is beyond the first 1/2 year of progressive graduate study to meet the qualification requirements.
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements for the position by the closing date of the announcement.
- Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- Education completed in colleges or universities outside the United States may be used to meet the above requirements. You must provide acceptable documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. For more information on how foreign education is evaluated, visit: http://www.usgs.gov/ohr/oars/quals/foreign.html.
- Applicants who include vulgar, offensive, or inappropriate language or information in their application package will be ineligible for further consideration for this position.
- Identification of promotion potential in this announcement does not constitute a commitment or an obligation on the part of management to promote the employee selected at some future date. Promotion will depend upon administrative approval and the continuing need for and performance of higher-level duties.
- Under Executive Order 11935, only United States citizens and nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains Island) may compete for civil service jobs. Agencies are permitted to hire non-citizens only in very limited circumstances where there are no qualified citizens available for the position.
- USGS employees are subject to Title 43, USC Section 31(a) and may not: (a) have any personal, private, direct or indirect interest in lands or mineral wealth of lands under survey; (b) have any substantial personal, private, direct or indirect interests in any private mining or mineral enterprise doing business with the United States; or (c) execute surveys or examinations for private parties or corporations.
- The application contains information subject to the Privacy Act (P.L. 93-579, 5 USC 552a). The information is used to determine qualifications for employment, and is authorized under Title 5, USC, Section 3302 and 3361.
- DOI uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
- THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
--Vacancy Related Questions: As part of the online application process, you will need to respond to a series of questions designed to assess your possession of the following knowledge skills, abilities and/or competencies:
- Administrative Support
- Financial Management Procedures
- Compile/Analyze Data
- Information Management
- Interpersonal Communication
- Office Automation
--NOTE: If it is determined that you have rated yourself higher than is supported in your description of experience and/or education as described in your resume/application, or that your resume or application is incomplete, you may be rated ineligible, not qualified, or your score may be lowered.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Applicable