Senior Business Developer and Project Director
Job Summary:Westat is seeking a Senior Business Developer and Project Director to expand business opportunities and meet with potential clients to identify and craft projects/work that align with Westat's Center for Association Services. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of proven marketing techniques in the association and foundation sector, possess familiarity with survey research and the capabilities that Westat offers in the association marketing space, and have experience with similar clients. Candidates should have and understanding of the research and data management needs of associations as well as data driven decision making and how it applies to organizations.
Job Responsibilities:· Manage all phases of the design, implementation, and production of research projects on a wide variety of topics. · Lead innovation process to enhance association and foundation business development.
· Identify new business opportunities, expand Westat's name recognition and reputation and augment Westat's portfolio in the association space.
· Craft and submit proposals to potential clients.· Design and manage projects for association clients including identification and coordination of team. · Manage clients and serve as the main point of contact for clients. · Coordinate the continuous monitoring of project status and recording of changes to goals and plans. · Set and manage project timelines and field inquiries regarding projects. · Write and edit reports or data visualization. · Complete project assignments, tasks and deliverables as assigned. · Work with staff from various backgrounds and discipline as well as provide mentoring to staff.
· A Master's degree in Business Administration and 10 plus years of experience in fields related to business administration, association and non-profit organization management.
· Ability to travel as required to maintain Westat presence and work with a broad client base.
· Experience in business development, program development and growth.
Extensive experience with database development and management using Microsoft Excel and other software applications is essential. Possess excellent writing skills, particularly for technical reports as well as interpersonal, management and organizational skills. You must have the ability to take initiatives, work independently with minimal direct supervision, be detail oriented, handle multiple tasks and changing priorities and prioritize and set own deadlines.
Westat offers competitive benefits with ESOP, 401k, Health, Dental, paid vacation, sick and holiday leave, professional development as well as other benefits.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.