Coordinator, Member Central Support
Who We Are
"The advancement of science should be the chief concern of a nation that would conserve and increase the welfare of its people."
-James McKeen Cattell, former AAAS President and Editor of Science
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) is an international non-profit organization dedicated to advancing science for the benefit of all people. For over a century, AAAS has been a force for science, from helping to establish science as a credible field in the 19th century to using satellite imaging technology to document human rights abuses in 2007. We are recognized as the world’s largest general scientific society and the proud publisher of the Science family of journals. Past presidents have included astronomer Edward Charles Pickering, anthropologist Margaret Mead, and biologist Stephen Jay Gould. Our mission is centered on the belief that STEM research and education can help solve many of the challenges the world faces today.
AAAS is a culture steeped in history, but adaptive to change and new ideas. We recognize the hard work of our employees and encourage the development of our staff. Our colleagues represent an array of expertise from scholarly publishing to digital marketing, educational research to government relations, all with a shared focus on mission. At AAAS, you are part of a talented team, dedicated to advancing science and serving society.
Work With Us
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Coordinator, MemberCentral Support in Washington, DC. The Coordinator reports to the Assistant Director, MemberCentral Support (MCS) and will assist with the optimization and workflow management of the team. The ideal candidate must have CRM experience and thrive in a challenging and often fast paced environment where prioritizing and multi-tasking are the norm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set daily and weekly work schedules for MCS Associates based on the overall staffing plan
- Provide day-to-day oversight and support to MCS staff in accordance with established policies and procedures, including assigning and reviewing work, distribution of Salesforce cases, and other work to the associates
- Monitor the contacts, returned mail, and other support work to attain call center key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Work with the Assistant Director to develop and implement departmental documentation and policies; monitor and review staff calls and emails to ensure compliance
- In high-volume situations, take member/customer phone calls, respond to emails and interact directly with members at events
- Assist the Assistant Director with daily activities, reporting, and departmental operations
- Update the MCS Task board daily
- Provide and generate Case Management and Call Management analysis reports to be used for assessment and improvement in operations
- Assist with the training of new team members and provide ongoing coaching to increase team skill level
- Work closely with the Assistant Director and the Manager, Training and QA to identify training needs and provide training to staff
- Provide recommendations of processes and policies for improvement that ensure high call/email response quality
- Identify and report on incidents, problems and resolution status through internal systems
- Answer questions and recommend corrective solutions to address member and employee issues and executive escalations; handle and document escalations as needed
- Work across organization to keep current on member programs and communications; provide associates with details to achieve front-line knowledge and ensure appropriate responses
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in Business Management or Communications
- Minimum of 5 years of member/customer service experience; non-profit experience a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory or leadership experience
- Must have prior experience with call center CRM systems
- An unparalleled commitment to member service and quality customer service principles
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively, but independently, on assigned responsibilities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects and priorities effectively and professionally
- Strong attention to detail, time management, organizational and prioritization skills
- Computer proficiency with MS Office Suite particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with occasional overtime based on operational needs
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by October 14, 2017. If we think you might be a good fit for the role, we will contact you with next steps.
Visit https://www.aaas.org/ to learn more about what we do. Find our latest job opportunities at: https://www.aaas.org/page/employment-aaas
AAAS is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category. AAAS uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.