D.C. BAR PRO BONO CENTER
The D.C. Bar Pro Bono Center (PBC) has an immediate opening for a new position of Development Specialist (DS). The DS supports a wide range of development activities for a $3 million annual fundraising campaign and is responsible for special events, direct mail solicitations and email campaigns, foundation fundraising, grants management and workplace giving programs. The DS reports to the Development Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepares development materials based on up-to-date knowledge of PBC programs and populations served.
2. Cultivates donors and conducts donor outreach.
3. Ensures accurate and strategic use of data analytics and produces reports on fundraising appeal performance. Codes and tracks donors for cultivation, solicitation and upgrade campaigns.
4. In coordination with the Lead Administrative Assistant, ensures accurate, prompt and donor-centric acknowledgement of all contributions and pledges.
5. Writes and revises grant applications in collaboration with PBC staff, produces budgets and other supporting materials and manages all aspects of the application submission.
6. Manages tracking and reporting process for funded applications, collaborates with PBC staff to compose and submit reports to funders and maintains historical records of grant solicitations and responses.
7. Coordinates the organization, logistics and staffing of the annual Presidents’ Reception fundraising event.
8. Handles direct mail and e-mail campaign solicitations, ensures accurate gift processing by Member Service Center and tracks and analyzes campaign results.
9. Plans and implements donor cultivation activities through newsletters, the annual report, general correspondence and special events.
10. Produces and edits content for the web site, the Bar Bulletin e-mail, the Washington Lawyer magazine, videos and social media.
11. Coordinates other fundraising activities such as monthly giving program, law firm giving campaigns, planned giving and other initiatives.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. BA/BS degree from an accredited university with a minimum of two years of relevant work experience or a combination of education and relevant work experience equal to six or more years.
2. Experience working in a membership association, nonprofit organization or legal services preferred.
3. Previous fundraising experience including special events, donor solicitations, foundation fundraising, grant writing and volunteer management required.
4. Must be proficient in database management and MS Office applications.
5. Experience with fundraising, association management or CRM software required. Experience with e-mail marketing and/or website content management software a plus.
6. Experience with social media networking tools.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong emphasis on grammar and proofreading.
8. Must work well in a team environment and be able to interact with Bar members, volunteers, vendors, the public and Bar staff.
9. Excellent interpersonal, customer service, analytical and problem-solving skills. Must be deadline driven and detail oriented.
10. Must be able to work well under pressure, set and meet deadlines, and manage several priorities in a day; must be highly organized, adaptable, creative, and self-motivated.
11. Ability to handle and maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
Under the Bar’s compensation structure, this position is in the Marketing Job Family at the Specialist Level. Salary is commensurate with experience. This is an exempt position. The D.C. Bar has an excellent benefits package.
This is not an attempt to list all essential functions of this position. It is recognized that job duties may change over time, based on the Pro Bono Center’s needs.
The D.C. Bar Pro Bono Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.