Manager of Administrative Services
Bishop Ireton High School, a co-educational high school serving 800 students in Alexandria, seeks a Manager of Administrative Services.
The Manager of Administrative Services will serve as the central liaison among the Head of School Office and the school’s senior leadership, maintain all administrative policies and procedures, and direct day-to-day administrative functioning. He or she will also provide high-level support to the Head of School, Senior Director of Institutional Advancement, and Board of Governors. This is a full-time, 12-month position reporting to the Senior Director of Institutional Advancement.
- Manage the Head of School’s calendar including coordination of internal meetings, donor visits, and external relations events
- Work with the central Diocese and finance offices to manage internal human resources, personnel process, files, records, and contracts
- Provide administrative support for the Board of Governors including scheduling, attending, and providing minutes for board meetings
- Work with executive leadership to improve and maintain administrative policies and procedures for the School
- Work with the Senior Director to expand relationships with internal stakeholders through monthly lunches and coffee outreach to specific groups
- Support the External Relations team under the guidance of the Senior Director
- Provide overall coordination of the administrative team as appropriate
- Manage travel for all External Relations staff
- Coordinate office mailings, printing, copying, and recycling
- Work with the Director of Operations on plans for campus readiness for prevention and security
- Other administrative duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- An understanding of and commitment to BI’s mission as a Catholic high school
- High-level organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Familiarity with hiring and human resources processes
- Customer service orientation and positive attitude
- Capacity to quickly assess and solve problems
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
Education and Experience
- 5 to 7 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Familiarity with school, donor, and prospect management software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
Start Date: On or about October 9, 2017
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Contact: We invite qualified candidates to consider becoming part of our community by submitting a cover letter, including current salary, and a resume by email at email@example.com.
About Bishop Ireton
Bishop Ireton, a co-educational, college preparatory high school in historic Alexandra, Virginia, began its proud heritage of academic excellence rooted in Catholic tradition in 1964. “Be who you are and be that well” is at the core of its extraordinary mission and values. The school offers a challenging environment and outstanding quality of life, both in academics and co-curricular activities, with a strong focus on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) courses, critical writing across the disciplines, and fine arts. The spirit of community service and giving back is part of everything the school does. Bishop Ireton’s top-tier status is reflected in its talented faculty and staff, who take great pride in seeing virtually every graduate head to college - often to the most prestigious universities. Together with families, Bishop Ireton provides students with the foundation and relationships for a lifetime, helping to ready the next generation to be exemplary and ethical leaders in an ever-changing world.