INTO University Partnerships, (INTO) a large, privately owned corporation with a powerful, worldwide presence in the international student recruitment field collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimatize to life on a US university campus and prepare for long-term academic success. Since 2006, INTO has launched partnerships to internationalize 24 universities in the US, UK and Asia, including Oregon State University, University of South Florida, Colorado State University, Marshall University, Drew University, George Mason University, Saint Louis University, the University of Alabama at Birmingham, Washington State University and Suffolk University.
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education. . Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
This position reports directly to the Operations Manager.
The Office Coordinator is an integral member of the administrative team and is responsible for providing logistical and administrative support services for INTO Mason senior staff. The Office Coordinator works closely with center’s Executive Director and Operations Manager and directs a team of Student Staff to accomplish tasks.
Key accountabilities and duties
The responsibilities of this position may change and develop over time, but will include one or more of the following:
- Schedule meetings (through 25 Live and Outlook) and coordinate travel arrangements (domestic and international) for the Executive Director, Academic Director and other senior staff.
- Assist in planning center-wide events and assist in monitoring the entertainment budget line, including monthly expense reports for the Finance Manager
- Maintain good relations with appropriate Executive Assistants at the University, INTO IUP and INTO NA
- Assist in the communication of office policies, events, etc to the rest of the INTO Mason Team
- Basic correspondence, formatting reports, taking meeting notes and disseminating them to the concerned parties.
- Supervise Student Staff: coordinate requests from different departments to manage schedules and tasks.
- Maintain INTO Mason calendar.
- Answer phones and direct callers to the appropriate office.
- Make copies, fax, scans; route signature folders.
- Coordinate and manage information technology requests, routine facilities work orders, and telecom requests.
- Serve as the center’s Telecom Coordinator, which includes serving as back-up administrator for shared drives and listservs, and managing IT requests through the university.
- Maintain a key control roster, process key requests.
- Manage room usage and process all non-class related room requests on 25 Live and design a procedure for room requests.
- Supervise the locking and unlocking of the classroom and conference room doors each day by student workers.
- Ensure the office areas are neat and functional- to include coordinating with housekeeping and trash collection.
- Coordinate any office/desk moves.
- Serves as the parking liaison to include issuing complimentary parking passes for the Mason Global Center and administrative parking passes.
- Assist with monthly reconciliation of facilities work orders and telephone bills.
Supplies, Logistics, and Equipment
- Responsible for maintaining the supply closet to include ordering supplies, issuing supplies to faculty and staff, and monitoring usage
- Manage the copiers, distribute copy cards, liaise with print services, and schedule print services pick-up times
- Dispose of excess equipment and order replacement equipment as necessary
- Maintain and schedule equipment sign-out logs to include the golf carts
- Manage the INTO Mason credit card
Other Duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree, or prior administrative support experience
- Able to work independently and as part of team
- Highly organized
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Microsoft office proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience leading a team
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in a start-up business environment with focus on establishing business processes
Skills and abilities:
- Manage relationships with peers, senior managers, academic stakeholders, and students from various cultural backgrounds
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, work under pressure and, when necessary, with minimal resources
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills
- Ability to accurately compose letters and other informational materials in a grammatically correct style
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent internet and search skills
- Team player
Click on the link below to submit your resume and cover letter explaining how your experience, skills, and interests make you a fit for this position. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
INTO University Partnerships provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. INTO University Partnerships complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
George Mason University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity.