The Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA) (idsa.org) is one of the oldest and largest membership associations for industrial designers. We serve our members and the design community through Education, Information, Community and Advocacy. As the Manager for our inspirational awards programs, you will not only be able to learn and grow - it will be personally rewarding.
Reporting to the Sr. Creative Director, the Awards Manager is responsible for the day-to-day functions of IDSA's three awards programs: International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA), our prestigious, flagship program; Student Merit Awards (SMAs), which highlights top design students from across the county; and the IDSA Awards. Throughout the year, roughly 70% of time is spent on IDEA; 20% on SMAs; and 5% on IDSA Awards.
You will thrive in an environment with multiple responsibilities and deadlines:
- Either directly or in conjunction with the Sr. Creative Director, oversees all facets of the awards programs, to include: call for entries, entrant validation process, jurying, winner/non-winner announcements, ceremony and gala execution and certificate/trophy distribution.
- Serves as primary point of contact for all awards; interacts extensively with entrants and jurors by phone and email; assists with procedural questions and performs troubleshooting for login problems (to our OpenWater software), document uploading and similar issues.
- Updates content such as forms, questionnaires and FAQs.
- Maintains database of entrants; runs reports and compiles lists.
Skills & Abilities
- Self-motivated with a superb track record of providing unparalleled customer service; easily approachable with the ability to develop strong relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organization and time management skills
- Possesses a keen eye for detail and completes tasks with an extremely high level of accuracy
- Comfortable with technology (word, excel, awards software, databases)
- Comfortable interacting with a culturally diverse audience (50% of IDEA entrants are international where English is a second language)
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends during peak periods; travel for jurying and the ceremony/gala.
- 3-5+ years administering or managing awards programs/competitions (or similar program management experience)
- Generous leave policy and work-life balance: vacation, sick, holidays, birthdays off, office closure between Christmas Day & New Year’s Day
- Health & Welfare Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, 401k, EAP, Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Casual dress code; collaborative team environment
- No commute to DC; free parking
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements when applying
Apply for Awards Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly