VMWare System Administrator - TS/SCI req'd
- Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results. Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience in network/systems administration and analysis.
- Administer, manage and troubleshoot Citrix XenDesktop 5.6 and 7.11 and XenApp
- Create, manage and troubleshoot virtual servers hosted in vSphere 4.x through 6.x
- Manage Good Mobility iPhone servers.
- Understanding of Active Directory and troubleshooting GPOs
- Utilizing ticketing system
- Ability to work in large team environment.
- Knowledgeable with VMware ESX servers
- Supporting remote VPN access and Symantec endpoint encryption for laptops
- Familiar with Amazon AWS
- Understanding of SCCM is a plus
- Understanding of EMC SANs is a plus
Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+ CE is the preferred certification. In addition must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification prior to Hire Date.
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client; all candidates must hold a TS/SCI Poly.
As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.