SharePoint Administrator TS/SCI
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- SharePoint administrator will be responsible for supporting SharePoint 2013 environment deployed in Amazon Cloud. Administrator must be familiar with SharePoint 2013 Enterprise farm consisting of Windows 2012 R2 servers and SQL 2014. Familiarity with Project Server 2013 Enterprise, Office Web Apps, Metalogix suite, and AvePoint Compliance Guardian is a plus.
- SharePoint administrator must be familiar with Central Administration console, SharePoint roles and permissions, and user profiles. The administrator will be expected to support a COOP environment to include Windows Server Failover Clustering and SQL Always On Pairs. The administrator must be familiar with reviewing Windows server logs an SQL logs to assist with troubleshooting.
- SharePoint administrator will be responsible for daily monitoring the health and well-being of the core server components (operating system, anti-virus, and backups software). Monitoring and maintaining acceptable performance levels against the baseline. Applying Operating System updates, SQL updates, or SharePoint updates as required. Perform file level recovery as needed and ensure backup procedures are being followed.
- SharePoint administrator must be available for 24x7 support of environment.
- Active Directory account management Windows server 2008\2012 Application troubleshooting- Outlook; Word; Excel; Java; IE etc
Position will require on call support and occasional night and weekend work. As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+ CE is the preferred certification. In addition must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date. Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client; all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to take and pass a Polygraph if requested.