RF Engineer SME, TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
- Shall assist with running training courses and develop new training courses
- Shall assist with operations and maintenance of test chambers
- Facilitate RF measurements for testing
- Tapered far-field
- Develop Visual Basic scripts
- Able to travel for testing and training
- Shall Travel when neccessary to maintain other machines.
Initiates and executes scientific research and/or development studies; Analyzes problems and applies theoretical techniques to develop solutions.
1. Plans and performs advanced scientific studies on new and varied problems where only general objectives are stated.
2. Acts as technical liaison with customers and sponsors, to include the preparation and presentation of high-level technical information.
3. Interprets, organizes, and coordinates overall project assignments within an assigned scientific functional area.
4. Plans and executes laboratory research.
5. Analyzes, evaluates, and plans methods of approach for projects and organizes means to achieve the solution of problems.
6. Establishes and defines the theoretical bases and principles which should apply and the empirical test procedures to be used.
7. Conducts complex investigations or tests pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, materials, or processes and investigates possible applications of results.
8. Interprets and evaluates test data and results of investigations and develops recommendations.
9. Recommends necessary corrections in technical analyses and design to ensure successful project completion.
10. Specifies equipment, materials and suppliers required for completion and implementation of projects.
11. Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide or build required services, supplies, or equipment.
12. Supervises assigned staff.
13. May serve as technical team or task leader.
14. Demonstrates creative ability through patent disclosures, problem solving, scientific reports or technical papers and articles.
15. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
16. Participates in special projects as required.
- At least 5 years of experience in antenna design or with antenna chambers
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics, Master's degree desired
- Related experience in scientific research, analysis and/or engineering.
- At least 2 years of experience with customer technology to include network analyzers, power meters, etc.
- At least 1 year of experience or training in operation of various electronic devices
- At least 2 years of experience in Python programming
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology, systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
Thrive in the stability of a large organization, building your career within General Dynamics IT
Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in across the United States and the world
Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
Professional Development Assistance, covering the cost of obtaining professional & technical certifications
Educational Reimbursement toward degree programs and individual coursework
401K Match - with 100% vesting on day one
Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
Healthy Rewards Program, where you can earn gift cards for practicing healthy habits
We know work-life balance is important and offer Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
Employee Discount Program - Save up to 60% on hundreds of entertainment products