Sr Enterprise Architect
7 days left
- Full Time
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.
- Define and validate architecture principles and standards with regard to Application and Infrastructure architecture standards
- Define and validate business/information /data architecture by working with key business stakeholders and creating governing bodies for data and process owners as needed
- Communicate architecture and IT standards to all stakeholders and ensure standards are published, updated and adhered to.
- Assess and communicate the impacts, trade-offs, risks, costs, benefits and opportunities of IT solutions
- Interact with Project and Change managers to assess that projects meet the IT standards; update as appropriate if a change is required.
- Liaise with Technology Infrastructure and Operations as part of architecture and standards approval process.
- Promote a culture of innovation; continuously seek opportunities for improvement within role, processes, team and the IT organization as a whole.
- Provide solution and alternative recommendations for business cases for new solutions
- Validate a systems architectural blueprint and design for quality, performance, security, user experience, maintenance, operations, redundancy, compliance, data flows, life cycling, dependencies and integration
- Provide IT input into technical requirements for RFP/RFI/RFQ
- Participates in special projects as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- 20 or more years of related information technology experience
- Experience designing system using distributed system protocols and standards including SOAP and/or REST required
- Experience with design of B2B systems using peer to peer architecture strongly desired
- Experience in SOA design beyond development of individual Web Services required
- Experience in 3GL programming in C, C++, or C# highly preferred, but if not then Java development beyond Wed applications required
- Experience with RDBMS (e.g. Oracle or MS SQL Server) required and OODB (e.g. Cache, Versant, ObjectStore) desired
- Knowledge of both Agile and other iterative or evolutionary SDLC’s required, not just Agile, and not just Agile and waterfall
- Extensive experience with EHR, HIE, etc.
- Experience with specific technologies like cloud, TFS, Intersystems, M/File, etc.
- Exposure/ experience working with governemt clientele
- Experience with federal health architectural standards