Asset & Configuration Analyst
7 days left
- Full Time
The Asset and Configuration Analyst is responsible for overall asset and configuration management development and maintenance throughout the lifecycle of the program. The position requires strong knowledge and considerable hands-on experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes, Configuration Management, and IT Operations Management (ITOM) procedures.
- Works with and coordinates with the IT Change Manager to develop or modify Asset/Configuration Management plans, policies, processes and procedures in a Federal environment with multiple service providers, vendors and stakeholdersResponsible for developing, updating and maintaining a Federated Configuration Management Database (CMDB) within a Federal Agency IT environmentDefines, implements and integrates configuration management policies and procedures to support the configuration management database (CMDB)Tracks and maintains Configuration Items (CIs) including hardware and software in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and other approved or Customer mandated databasesDevelops and maintains an automated Asset Management Database (AMD) that provides an accurate and auditable record of all CIs, to include any related financial dataOperates and maintains a centralized IT Configuration Management System (CMS) for use by all service providers and vendors that accurately identifies and tracks all CIs to include both discoverable and non-discoverable Federal Agency CIsKnowledge and understanding of warranty practices and ability to track warranty agreements with configuration items (CIs) to ensure solutions are captured in the event of a warranty claimUnderstands and implements version control of hardware and software assets as well as program documentationDevelops and maintains a Configuration Management Control Plan (CMCP) that thoroughly describes all property control measuresPossesses an understanding and interpretation of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operational Level Agreements (OLAs), meets or exceeds established SLAs and recommends strategies to continuously improve asset accuracy and integritySchedules asset lifecycle refresh and ensures accurate asset inventory management.Runs complex queries to generate requested reports from the Federated CMDB and other databasesExperience and knowledge of software license management to include:
- InventoryLicense Compliance validationUsage analysisMaintenance/Upgrade planning
- 8 - 10 years of considerable hands-on enterprise asset and configuration management experience
- Demonstrated experience creating, updating and maintaining CMDBs, Asset Management Databases and other asset/configuration management repositories in a complex IT environment
- Considerable experience identifying and tracking CIs, implementing change control and accounting for hardware, software and licenses in a complex IT ecosystem.
- Must have experience with Asset/CM automated toolsets, such as ServiceNow
- Considerable experience with ITILv3 and IT Operations Management (ITOM) best practices