Foreign Affairs Specialist
Associate Administrator for Aviation Safety (AVS), Aircraft Certification Service (AIR), International Division (AIR-400), International Affairs Branch (AIR-420).Learn more about this agency
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Permanent Change of Station (PCS) - U.S. Citizens: A fixed relocation payment of $10,000 will be paid to new hires to Federal service and student trainees; and a fixed relocation payment of $27,000 will be paid to employees with status.
We are not accepting applications from noncitizens.
Degree: major or equivalent, or a combination of courses totaling at least 24 semester hours, in international law and international relations, political science, economics, history, sociology, geography, social or cultural anthropology, law, statistics, or in the humanities; or 12 semester hours in one of the above disciplines and 12 semester hours in statistics/quantitative methods.
Combination of education and experience: courses equivalent to a major, or a combination of related courses totaling at least 24 semester hours, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
Experience: four years of appropriate experience in one or more of the fields listed above in work associated with international organizations, problems, or other aspects of foreign affairs.
To qualify for this position you must demonstrate in your application that you possess at least one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to FG/GS-13 or FV-I in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been at least equivalent to the next lower grade in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization.
Specialized Experience for this position is defined as:
Experience developing policy and guidance documents that convey requirements or guidance to internal and external stakeholders.
**Specialized experience must be reflected in the work history section of the resume. Failure to do so will result in a rating of 'not eligible'.
Qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
This position has an Individual Occupational Requirement (IOR), meaning you must meet the educational requirements; therefore, you must provide your transcripts from an accredited university.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information, http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
We may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions.
Travel may be required.
Position may be subject to a background investigation.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies.
1. As a part of the Federal-Wide Hiring Reform Initiative (streamlining the hiring process), the FAA is committed to eliminating the use of the Knowledge, Skills and Ability (KSA) narratives from the initial application in the hiring process for all announcements. Therefore, as an applicant for this announcement, you are NOT required to provide a narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA.
In lieu of providing a KSA narrative response in the text box listed below each, in the work history section of your resume, please include information that provides specific examples of how you meet the response level or answer you chose for each KSA. Your work history examples should be specific and clearly reflect the highest level of ability. Your KSA answers will be evaluated further to validate whether the level that you selected is appropriate based on the work history and experience you provided in the resume. Your answers may be adjusted by a Human Resource Specialist as appropriate.
2. Eligible applicants meeting the minimum qualification requirements and selective factor(s), if applicable, may be further evaluated on the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) listed in the announcement. Based on this evaluation, applicants will be placed in one of the following categories: score order, category grouping, or alphabetical and referred to the selecting official for consideration.
3. This position is covered by the FAA Core Compensation plan. Additional information about core compensation is available on the following website: .http://jobs.faa.gov/F AACoreCompensation.htm.
4. All, some, or no applicants may be interviewed.
5. This position may be performed at a remote location, per management's discretion.
6. Please ensure that your resume clearly demonstrates possession of all the requirements stated in this announcement, to the best of your ability. DO NOT ASSUME THAT BECAUSE YOU HOLD, OR HAVE HELD THIS POSITION, YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE FOUND ELIGIBLE. You may be asked to provide evidence or documentation that you have this type of experience later in the selection process. Your experiences are subject to verification through job interviews, or any other information obtained during the application process. Any exaggeration of your experience or any attempt to conceal information can result in disqualification.
This is not a bargaining unit position.
Links to Important Information: Locality Pay , COLA Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT: Applicants may be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position(s). All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated. Ensure that your application package/resume supports your responses.
To preview the application questionnaire, click the following link: View Application Questionnaire