ATTORNEY ADVISER (GENERAL)
7 days left
- Full Time
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
WHO MAY APPLY: Applications will be accepted from United States citizens (U.S. citizenship required at time of application).
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Learn more about this agency
Occasional travel - Work may require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft
Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes PCS costs will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Employee must file SF 450.
2. Work may require occasional overtime.
3. Must have graduated from an accredited law school and admission to, and in good standing with, the bar of a state or territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
4. Employee must sign a mobility agreement The position will be physically located at either Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, VA or USAFA in Colorado Springs, CO. The selectee must be prepared to locate at either location with the possibility that the location may change at a later date. Wherever located, the position will require regular travel (30%) between Washington, DC and Colorado Springs, CO.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS: You MUST have successfully completed a full course of study in a school of law accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) and have the first professional law degree (LLB or JD). In addition, at the time of application, you must provide proof, dated within four months of application, of "active" status with a bar of the highest court of a State, U.S. commonwealth, U.S. territory, or the District of Columbia. On-line information is allowed as long as it shows that you are in "active" status.
Assignments require the first professional law degree (LL.B. or J.D.) and active (or equivalent) membership, in good standing, in the bar of the highest court of a state, U.S. commonwealth, U.S. territory, or the District of Columbia. In addition, the attorney shall have professional legal experience in excess of three years that is commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of applicable substantive domestic laws, regulations, and policies with respect to U.S. government ethics and standards of conduct; the federal government's acceptance and use of gifts; federal interactions with non-federal entities (particularly not-for-profits); fiscal law; administrative law; government procurement; cooperative agreements; grants; intellectual property; public/private partnerships; and the legislative process.
2. Knowledge of a broad range of governance issues within or outside of the federal government as applicable to university matters, to include: board creation and composition; internal mechanisms and procedures to facilitate working with outside entities as part of the university function; the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA) and other business-related regulatory compliance issues; and record-keeping related to each of these functions.
3. Skill in identifying and analyzing key legal and policy issues to provide comprehensive support and responses to decision-makers at all levels, often on short notice, and concisely communicating complex legal issues and theories orally and in writing to senior military and civilian leaders up to and including the Superintendent, Air Force Academy and Secretary of the Air Force.
4. Skill in working independently and collaborate effectively with peers and with senior leadership at USAFA and at Headquarters USAF.
5. Knowledge of university governance principles and practices is a plus. An understanding of not-for-profit corporate practices and structure sufficient to facilitate working with outside entities as part of the university function and federal agency, as well as an understanding of wills, estates and tax laws, would also be helpful.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Must be a graduate of a law school accredited by the American Bar Association, and be currently licensed as an attorney, in active (or equivalent) status and in good standing, with the bar of a U.S. state, territory, or commonwealth. The attorney must maintain such bar membership in at least one jurisdiction during the entire course of employment with the Air Force.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Incentives: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applications who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.Read more Security clearance