Information Technolgy Specialist (Customer Service/System Administration)
The Defense Health Agency, National Capital Region Medical Directorate (NCR-MD) is the future of Military Medicine- a partnership in World Class Medical Healthcare. The Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, the National Intrepid Center of Excellence (NICoE), Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, Dilorenzo Clinic and the Joint Pathology Center, provide world class medical services to the nation's service members and their families.
About the Position:
The primary work environment is a highly accredited medical simulation center which provides training and high stakes testing to a broad customer base of healthcare professionals using a wide range of technologies. Teamwork and communication are essential as Simulation Center staff have unique and overlapping skills and roles. Success in this position will require the candidate to understand and embrace end user needs and to engage external and internal SMEs to allow implementation and sustainment of a reliable IT infrastructure that meets the full and expanding needs of the Department of Simulation.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This position requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Tier 3 security investigation or access for the duration of employment. A background investigation and credit check are required.
- This position requires the incumbent to have tuberculosis testing.
- IAW DoD 8570.01-M dated 19 Dec 05, C22.214.171.124.1.2. the employee must be able to obtain and maintain Information Assurance Technical level II certification. This may be done by completing any one of the following; Security +, GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP), or Systems Security Certified Practitioner SSCP Certification. Qualification period begin the date they start in the position (i.e., they must obtain the appropriate certification within 6 months of being assigned IA functions). A candidate who, after being hired within 6 months, is unable to obtain a DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification or cannot maintain IAT Level II certification will be removed from this position.
Basic Requirement: Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Experience: One year of experience which includes installation, maintenance, upgrading and troubleshooting of computer hardware and vendor specific software such as an audio/visual management system (E.g. Learningspace (CAE)), Microsoft Office and Sharepoint; installing/uninstalling hardware, printers, computer security and desktop applications; and planning and coordination of the installation, testing, operation, upgrading, troubleshooting, and maintenance of server hardware and software, including both server operating systems and server application systems. This definition of experience is typical of work performed at the second lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone -- no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Customer Service
- Information Technology Customer Support
- Information Technology Performance Assessment
- Technology Application
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Procedures information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.