Senior Accountant - 1329
The MIL Corporation seeks a Senior Accountant to support The MIL Corporation at our Bowie, MD office. We are a growing government contractor and our company was rated one of the 2017 Best Places to Work by the Washington Post.
• Monthly preparation and distribution of various finance related reports to management
• Prepare the monthly interim financial statements including Balance Sheet, Statement of Cash Flows, and Income Statement.
• Prepare and maintain the Fixed Assets Schedules and corresponding monthly depreciation.
• Assist in the preparation and conduct of quarterly reviews, year-end financial audits, DCAA and other audits, and tax return filings.
• Perform monthly account reconciliations of all Balance Sheet accounts and selected Profit and Loss (Income Statement) accounts.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and borrowing base.
• Review and approve various Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll entries before posting to the General Ledger.
• Perform other tasks as needed by VP of Finance or Assistant Controller, as applicable.
• Provide support for billing and accounts payable and other functional areas within Finance and Accounting.
• Excellent government accounting background with 15+ years experience
• Government contracting experience or work in audit with accounting firm
• Bachelors degree in Business Administration with concentration in Finance and Accounting or related field
• Knowledge of FAR Cost Principles
• Experience with cost accounting systems
• Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office suite of applications, with particular emphasis in Excel
• Experience with Cost Accounting Systems
• 19+ years of government contracting experience
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #CB
Apply for Senior Accountant - 1329
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly