Mortgage Deed Specialist
PenFed is hiring a Mortgage Deed Specialist in Alexandria, VA . The primary purpose of this job is to oversee and track all processes related to mortgage and equity deeds according to policy and procedures, assisting in research, retrieval, and correction of mortgage and equity security instruments, title policies, and assignments.
- Send correspondence and documents to members requesting corrections, signatures and other data. Review incoming member correspondence to determine what action needs to be taken to ensure all documents have been completed and signed for recording.
- Work closely with vendors to assist with corrections and updates and determine what corrective actions should be taken to resolve any issues.
- Work closely with the Legal department and Delinquency Control Counselor (DCC) to handle special issue cases.
- Research all outstanding mortgage deeds via county records, i.e., courthouse database, web sites and phone.
- Assist the mortgage and equity processors with questions and guidance on complicated county regulations.
- Ensure the proper routing and imaging of any legal documents received.
- Associate’s degree, or a combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ of related work experience including knowledge of mortgage/equity legal documents.
- Proficient in MS Office w/an emphasis on Excel.
- This position will not supervisor employees.
- Must register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLA).
- Must obtain unique identifier required for Mortgage Loan Origination (MLOs).
- Must maintain the registration in accordance with PenFed policy and all related regulations.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.Equal Employment Opportunity PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same. PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.