RECEPTIONIST, ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
Graduation from high school, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Some knowledge of general office procedures.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions, and project a friendly, businesslike image to callers.
- Good human relations and communication skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.JOB DESCRIPTION:
This is general clerical work in performing receptionist and routine clerical duties. An employee in this class receives visitors and callers and responds to inquiries in a friendly and helpful manner. The employee answers telephone calls and provides other clerical assistance as required. All important aspects of the work are subject to detailed and specific procedures which the employee follows closely.RESPONSIBILITIES:
As unit receptionist, routes callers to proper persons, answers non-technical questions, and keeps appointment records.
- Types a variety of correspondence, bulletins, technical and non-technical material, and composes letters of a routine nature.
- Prepares information for inclusion in special reports and summaries, frequently checking against a variety of records in order to ensure complete and accurate information; may enter data on a computer.
- Assists in completing forms and applications; opens and routes incoming mail; assembles appropriate material for use in answering mail.
- Operates PC word processing programs in producing letters, memos, and reports; may operate other software programs.
- Maintains office files and records for information regarding administrative procedures and policies, regulations, personnel, organization, and reports relative to the unit's activities.
- Performs related work as required.
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.APPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Classified Position, Level 10
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -