Direct Service Associate I
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : $27,191
Web Announcement :
Assistant Teacher, Child Development Center
The George Mason University Child Development Center invites applications for an entry-level Assistant Teacher position in a toddler classroom. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Assists the classroom Teacher in planning and implementing a developmentally appropriate program, and assumes responsibility for the children in the group in the absence of the Teacher;
- Helps to develop and maintain a safe, nurturing environment;
- Supports teacher in diapering and toileting procedures;
- Assists with all written and verbal parent communication; and
- Attends staff training as required.
- Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential, or an equivalent combination of education and/or significant equivalent early childhood experience;
- Demonstrated experience working with two-year-old children;
- CPR, First Aid and Medical Administration training are required, but may be completed after employment; and
- Fingerprinting and a sex offender background check will also be conducted.
- Associates degree in early childhood education (ECE).
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 09413z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information. A philosophy of teaching may also be uploaded but is optional.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :