$21.77 to $29.45 hourly
Online applications must be received by Friday, September 29,
Montgomery College, Takoma Park Campus, has need for a full-time, Graduation Technician, Req# 008VN in the Admissions Services Department. The normal work schedule is Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.to 5:00 p.m.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the college.
Under general supervision, conduct degree audits and send graduation information to students, process admission applications, graduation, grade changes, transcript requests, check and credit card payments, course registration and substitution forms. In addition, provide front counter service to students and the general public.
Duties and responsibilities include
but are not limited to:
Process Applications for graduation:
- Collect applications for graduation and review student records to determine eligibility for graduation, including degree, major, and catalog year.
- Enter prospective graduates on Banner and execute the degree audit process to determine eligibility for each applicant.
- Notify applicants about their graduation status.
- Order diplomas, certificates, graduation material and prepare name cards for prospective graduates for commencement ceremony.
- Notify prospective students about date, time and place for commencement, grad finale, and the commencement rehearsal.
- Counsel students in person and by phone concerning their graduation status, degree plans and deficiencies.
- Review final grades to ensure that students have fulfilled graduation requirements.
- Develop and maintain graduate list with honors and PTK to enable rapid preparation of the commencement program.
- Prepare graduate list for commencement program.
- Provide graduation information to campus and college constituents.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all degree and certificate programs offered by the college.
Provide customer service at the Admissions counter.
- Register students for credit and non-credit courses.
- Process admissions applications and other requests pertaining to the student's academic record such as transcript requests, enrollment verifications, and permission to enroll from other institutions.
- Council, inform, clarify, and instruct students and the general public at the admissions counter and by phone regarding residency status, admissions processes, assessment, enrollment procedures, tuition and fees, course catalog information, class schedule, credit and non-credit courses, and College policy and procedures. Interpret Federal and State legislative regulations in order to release information from student records in accordance with College policy and relevant State and Federal laws.
- Inform/educate students about our online system such as how to log into MyMc, search classes, register/drop classes and sign up for the tuition installment plan.
- Receive and process payments for registration and other services.
- Receive documentation for involuntary withdrawal, tuition refund appeal, academic appeal, disability tuition waiver, residency appeal, graduation application, health science application, statewide & health manpower shortage programs and distribute to the correct staff member for processing.
- Process information update to student's account in Banner.
Process course substitutions.
Process reverse transfer graduation applications.
Process student verifications and image documents processed.
Process Academic Appeals.
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Three years of general office experience that included at least one year of admissions and registration duties or a combination of education, training, and experience providing understanding of the field.
- Knowledge of admissions, records and registration procedures, office procedures and practices, business English, spelling, grammar and conventional styles and formats used in office communications.
- Skill in using computer terminals and other keyboard activated devices.
- Ability to audit student records, to perform general office clerical work, and to operate common office equipment, including desktop computers.
- Associates or Bachelors degree
Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
Be sure to complete a set of pre-screening questions and e-sign your application.
Failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick,
paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional
development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for
employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: email@example.com
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.