Quality Assurance Specialist
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that performance and quality products conform to established Government regulatory standards.
- Review, analyze and report on quality discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical and electro-mechanical systems.
- Investigate problems and develop disposition and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies.
- Interface with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met.
- Recommend corrective actions, dispositions and modifications.
- Analyze production facilities for deficiencies and coordinate improvement initiatives.
- Visit suppliers at their facilities to observe manufacturing processes and drive opportunities for improvement.
- Coordinate oversight activities at sub-supplier facilities to drive supply chain management initiatives.
- Assist supplier base with implementing production and test plans.
- Analyze the Government and contractor proposed QA programs and requirements, to ensure that all ancillary and support equipment are compatible with the overall military objectives for field support.
- Assist the Project Lead in the areas of system and critical components test, evaluation, configuration control and Government test community interface.
- Conduct evaluations of Government and contractor manufacturing and production processes, identifying shortcomings and recommending improvements/corrective actions.
- Conduct inspection of PM GS products, and related special processes, to assure conformance to design intent, and ultimate user satisfaction.
- Travel up to 20% of the time.
Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Must have a Secret Security Clearance.
High School Diploma and 16 years of experience in one of the following areas: Quality Assurance, systems engineering, support.
Demonstrated experience providing Quality Assurance support to DoD programs.
Have a working knowledge of Army acquisition systems and processes.
Knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality management systems.
Experience with the Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System Interface with DCMA to coordinate Government Quality oversight of production contracts.
Working knowledge of MS Office to include: MS Word, MS Power Point, and MS Excel.
DAWIA Certification in Production, Quality, and Manufacturing.
Lean Six Sigma Certification.
Have working knowledge of Microsoft Project.