Associate Content Editor
FIND Washington Daybook – Associate Content Editor
The Role: Assists the publishing team in the writing, preparation, and publication of The FIND Washington Daybook, a daily listing of political and news events that take place in the Washington, D.C. metro area.
Qualified candidates will have an ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, fast-paced, high-pressure environment with overlapping short-term and long-term deadlines; unfailing attention to detail; exceptional writing and analytic skills; and strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to write, edit and proofread materials.
- Ability to learn and practice different editorial styles.
- Technologically savvy knowledge worker who applies the benefits of technology to the work environment.
- Ability to manage electronic files.
- Understanding of politics, current events, and public policy issues.
- Familiarity with Washington.
- Flexibility to work morning and/or evening shifts as needed.
- Focused, highly organized, superb follow through skills.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic work environment with an ability to adapt to changing priorities and responsibilities.
This is a perfect position for an individual with a background in data entry and data management and has a strong interest in news, politics and public policy.
Starting salary range mid 30’s to 40 – commensurate with experience.
Location: Greenbelt, Md. (Not readily accessible via Metro)
Hours: Full time