Meticulous Project Accountant
Sparks Group, in partnership with a pioneering and stable real estate company, is seeking a Project Accountant, for a career opportunity in Montgomery County, MD. Live in Maryland and enjoy the perks of DC without the pricey cost of living in the district. Residents of Montgomery County have access to a beautiful and mild environment, cultural activities, entertainment, shopping, festivals, and great restaurants! In addition to being in one of the top-rated school systems in the county!
In this role, you will assist the construction team with job cost tracking, general ledger reconciliation, balance sheet reconciliations, financial statement preparation, as well as communication with the project managers and vendors on project status and payment approvals.
- Process, review, track and oversee all job cost and general ledger accounts for assigned projects
- Manage all invoices, draws and invoice payments to subcontractors and vendors as well as ensure all lien documentation has been received
- Communicate with project managers, vendors and subcontractors to manage draw requests, ensure prompt payments, review subcontractor contracts and billings as well as vendor statement analysis
- Process payments and review aging for all assigned projects
- Prepare bank account reconciliations and other financial reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is a must
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or CPA-candidate is preferred
- 3+ years of construction accounting experience with a focus on job-cost
- Sage Timberline or Yardi software experience highly desired
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!