Sr Analyst, Info Security - TS/SCI w/Polygraph Required
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
IAT 2 or higher; CNDSP Analyst - 8570 Certification requirement The CND Monitoring & Incident Response Analyst performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. She/he receives data about and performs further analysis on incidents that are escalated from the CND Watch to include Suspicious Cyber Activity Reports (SCARS). Develops; refines; and performs advanced analysis techniques to uncover new or potential incidents. Analysis techniques may be refined into training and process improvements that are promulgated back to the CND Watch for sustained operations. Performs in-depth analysis techniques to uncover new or potential incidents. Analysis techniques may be refined into training and process improvements that are promulgated back to the CND Watch for sustained operations. Performs in-depth analysis and recommends defensive and proactive measures to thwart potential and malicious activity or inappropriate use by any internal or external entity to include: conducting malicious code activity analysis; determining the effects on a system or the network; assisting in gathering potential evidence for law enforcement; etc. She/he prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
5-8 years of related experience in data security administration.
Required Skills: The successful candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong work ethic. He/she must have several years' experience with and be able to analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation; evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk; CND Incident Response Analyst and perform periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments; including user accounts; application access; file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; both IAT 2 and CNDSP Analyst. An appropriate IAT 2 certification would be one of the following: GSEC; Security + CE; SSCP; CCNA-Security; CISA; GCIH; GCED; CISSP; or CASP CE. An appropriate CNDSP Analyst certification would be one of the following: GCIA; CEH; or GCIH. In addition; must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date. In some circumstances; Certified Ethical Hacker training will be provided to cover the CNDSP Analyst certification requirement. If selected; certification must be obtained 30 days after training completion date. As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client; all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to take and pass a Polygraph if requested.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.