SUPERVISORY BUDGET ANALYST
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
WHO MAY APPLY: Click here for more information. You MUST have the identified eligibility in order to be considered. **Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current, Permanent, Competitive Service, Career/Career-Conditional Employee)Learn more about this agency
Occasional travel - Based on TDY mission requirements
Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes Based on a signed mobility agreement
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Travel and relocation expenses will be paid
- Mobility is a condition of employment
- Relocation Incentive authorized
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- TDY is required with travel by military and/or commercial aircraft or any other mode of transportation determined to be advantageous to the government.
MOBILITY AGREEMENT: These are not continuing positions and assignment duration is limited to 36 months. An employee selected for a Career Broadening position must sign an Air Force Mobility agreement as a condition of selection.
TEMPORARY PROMOTION: If the position is filled as a temporary promotion, upon completion of the career broadening assignment, the temporary promotion may lead to permanent promotion without further competition.
PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations under this announcement. PCS
Mobility is a condition of employment. The employee must sign an Air Force-wide mobility agreement.
Travel by regularly scheduled commercial or military conveyance in accordance with Joint Travel Regulations may be required in performance of TDY.
Employee must be able to obtain and retain Top Secret clearance required for the position.
Defense National Relocation Program (DNRP) is authorized.
This position is part of the Department of Defense (DoD) Financial Mangement (FM) Certification Program. Selectee must complete required certification level 3 no later than two years from entrance on duty or June 30, 2016, whichever is later.
The incumbent does not need to file a DD Form 1555.
Relocation incentive is authorized
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One year of specialized experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. To be creditable, the specialized experience must have been at the GS-14 grade level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Click on the following link to view Individual Occupational Requirements for this position:
Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-14 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of agency, DoD, OMB, and Congressional budget formulation and financial management processes along with a comprehensive understanding of the associated policies and complexities of the program/budget formulation and execution environments.
2. Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures.
3. Ability to plan, organize and direct the functions and staff of a small to medium sized organization.
4. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
5. Knowledge of command agency, and DoD missions, functions, programs and history necessary to formulate, justify (including preparation of Congressional hearing material and congressional inquiry responses), and execute a budget to support short and long range goals and objectives as outlines in the current Air force Financial Management Strategic Plan.
6. Knowledge of financial and non-financial data structures, relationships, and dependencies as they relate to and support multifunctional contexts.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.Read more Security clearance