U.S. Probation Clerk
The U.S. Probation Office for the Eastern District of Virginia is accepting applications for the position of U.S. Probation Clerk.
The incumbent provides administrative support to Probation Officers in a wide range of areas and provides office assistance at the reception desk in accordance with office policies and procedures This is a permanent, full-time position, and may be promoted to CL24 without further competition. Multiple positions may be filled. This position will be located in Alexandria or Manassas, Virginia, depending on office needs.
An applicant must be a high school graduate or equivalent and have 2 years of general experience. General experience is progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates the possession of, or the ability to acquire, the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position.
Occasional travel - Some travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
1) Applicants must be citizens of the United States and have no criminal record.
2) Tests to determine level of automation/typing and writing skills will be given to all candidates interviewed.
3) Final candidates will undergo a local background investigation with law enforcement agencies, as well as a check of financial and credit records.
4) Employees are subject to reinvestigation every 5 years.
5) Employees of the U.S. Probation Office are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct for Judicial Employees which is available to applicants for review upon request.
6) Mandatory Direct Deposit participation for payment of salary.
7) Employees of the U. S. Probation Office are covered by the Court Personnel System and are Excepted Service appointments.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: High School Diploma
BENEFITS MAY INCLUDE: A minimum of 10 paid holidays per year; paid annual leave in the amount of 13 days per year for the first 3 years of service, 20 days per year after 3 years of service, and 26 days per year after 15 years of service; paid sick leave in the amount of 13 days per year; and, optional participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, Federal Employees' Health Benefits, Group Life Insurance, Flexible Benefits, Commuter Benefits, and Long Term Care Programs.
The U.S. Probation Office reserves the right to modify the conditions of this job announcement or to withdraw the announcement, either of which may occur without prior written notice.
The U. S. Probation Office will not pay for any relocation or interview expenses.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
.Read more Security clearance Not Applicable