Card Fraud Specialist
PenFed is hiring a Card Fraud Specialist in Omaha/Papillion, NE and Alexandria, VA . The incumbent processes all necessary forms and paperwork in the filing of ATM/card fraud claims, handles incoming and outgoing member calls, and provides guidance when necessary. Handles correspondence within the Card Fraud Investigations Department and completes assigned reports. Balances daily branch activity. Assists with the operation of the overall program. Provides backup to fraud and disputes team as necessary.
- Investigate and research fraudulent ATM/Debit/Credit Card claims
- Maintain tracking log of cases for auditing and daily case management purposes
- Resolve fraudulent ATM/Debit/Credit Card claims in accordance with Reg E/Z, network/association rules and internal PenFed policies
- Resolve member problems within delegated limits, including but not limited to refunding fees, monetary and non-monetary adjustments and engages with member as necessary
- Maintain familiarity with ATM Networks, VISA Amex and MasterCard regulations and operating procedures to assure timely resolution of chargeback and potential chargeback items
- Complete daily assigned report cases, as well as regular fraud claim cases
- Scan mail, prepare documents, and forward escalations to more experienced specialists
1 year work experience in card operations preferred
Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Associate’s Degree preferred
- This position will not supervisor employees.
- There are no additional certifications required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.Equal Employment Opportunity PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same. PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.