Card Dispute Specialist
PenFed is hiring a Card Dispute Specialist in Omaha/Papillion, NE and Alexandria, VA . The primary purpose of this job is research and resolve all dispute claims. This position will have to maintain knowledge of all chargeback processing phases, including but not limited to chargebacks, representments, arbitration, compliance, and the applicable time limits and required documentation. This position will also receive and process all necessary forms and paperwork for disputed items and chargebacks, handling incoming and outgoing member calls.
- Resolve member problems within delegated limits, including but not limited to refunding fees, monetary and non-monetary adjustments.
- Respond to member and potential member telephone calls concerning Credit Card/Debit Card/ATM accounts in an accurate, prompt and courteous manner.
- Scan mail, prepare documents, forward escalations to more experienced specialists.
- Make monetary and non-monetary adjustments to members' accounts.
- Maintain familiarity with VISA, American Express and Master Card regulations and operating procedures to assure the timely resolution of chargeback and potential chargeback items.
- Resolve ATM/Debit/Credit Card dispute claims in accordance with Reg E/Z and internal PenFed policies
- Process chargeback items through chargeback systems and send the required chargeback documentation to the appropriate merchant or cardholder bank.
- Receive and respond to Credit Card/Debit Card/ATM related correspondence to answer member disputes and inquiries.
- Provide backup for fraud and disputes operations.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in credit card operations highly preferred
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Associate’s Degree preferred
- This position will not supervisor employees.
- There are no additional certifications required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.Equal Employment Opportunity PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same. PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.