Security Specialist, PenFed Plaza
PenFed is hiring a Security Specialist at our McLean, VA location. The purpose of the position is to act as the Corporate Security point of contact for employees, visitors, contractors, and emergency first responders at the main entrance, PenFed Corporate Headquarters. This position will also be responsible for monitoring physical security systems at the PenFed Corporate Headquarters along with administrative duties to the PenFed Corporate Security Program. Responsibilities will include conducting front entrance security desk duties and assist senior personnel in maintaining security systems in the building. This position will assist and be responsible for visitor badge management, access control, camera systems, and alarm monitoring and evacuation procedures.Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigne d .
- Act as primary security point-of-contact at the PenFed Headquarters main entrance ; monitor employee, visitor and vendor activity keeping watch for any suspicious activity.
- Verify identity of visitors, obtain visitor identification; provide temporary access badges according to policy. Verify employee’s identification and access needs, when a temporary badge is required.
- Responsible for access control procedures, process employee photos and issue identification access cards and assign employee parking as needed.
- Monitor closed-circuit TV surveillance, building alarms, and garage parking areas for suspicious activity. Investigate and report disturbances, contact police in case of emergencies.
- Maintain knowledge on the security card access and surveillance systems, troubleshoot security equipment issues and provide assistance to users.
- Inform senior management regarding situations that may be considered hostile or may require investigative action.
- Assist visitors on the proper usage of the electronic visitor management system.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Security or related field preferred.
Minimum of two (2) years’ of experience in physical security, risk mitigation and investigations is required. Knowledge of DSX and March Networks is a plus.
This position will not supervise employees.