PenFed is hiring a Security Specialist at our McLean, VA location. The purpose of the position is to act as the Corporate Security point of contact for employees, visitors, contractors, and emergency first responders at the main entrance, PenFed Corporate Headquarters. This position will also be responsible for monitoring physical security systems at the PenFed Corporate Headquarters along with administrative duties to the PenFed Corporate Security Program. Responsibilities will include conducting front entrance security desk duties and assist senior personnel in maintaining security systems in the building. This position will assist and be responsible for visitor badge management, access control, camera systems, and alarm monitoring and evacuation procedures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigne d .
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Act as primary security point-of-contact at the PenFed Headquarters main entrance ; monitor employee, visitor and vendor activity keeping watch for any suspicious activity.
- Verify identity of visitors, obtain visitor identification; provide temporary access badges according to policy. Verify employee’s identification and access needs, when a temporary badge is required.
- Responsible for access control procedures, process employee photos and issue identification access cards and assign employee parking as needed.
- Monitor closed-circuit TV surveillance, building alarms, and garage parking areas for suspicious activity. Investigate and report disturbances, contact police in case of emergencies.
- Maintain knowledge on the security card access and surveillance systems, troubleshoot security equipment issues and provide assistance to users.
- Inform senior management regarding situations that may be considered hostile or may require investigative action.
- Assist visitors on the proper usage of the electronic visitor management system.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Security or related field preferred.
Minimum of two (2) years’ of experience in physical security, risk mitigation and investigations is required. Knowledge of DSX and March Networks is a plus.
This position will not supervise employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
Travel for training maybe required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.