Cyber Defense Infrastructure Engineer
Cyber Defense Infrastructure Engineer
Online applications must be received by Friday, September 29, 2017
Montgomery College, Central Services (CT) has need for a full-time, Cyber Defense Infrastructure Engineer, #S03893, in the Office of Information Technology. The normal work schedule is Monday-Friday 8:30a.m. to 5:00p.m.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College. Make your move!
Under supervision and/or direction, incumbents are responsible for testing, implementing, deploying, maintaining, and administering the security infrastructure hardware and software. An incumbent also responds to and investigates security incidents, including external/internal attacks and internal violations of policy, as well as promote security awareness via seminars, written materials and other media. Contacts and interacts with college wide constituencies such as direct interaction with campus administrative team, provost, deans, campus directors, faculty, students, assigned staff, vendors and contractors.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Under supervision and/or direction, the incumbent is responsible for testing, implementing, deploying, maintaining, and administering the security infrastructure hardware and software.
- Coordinate with IT Security Analysts to manage and administer the updating of rules and signatures (e.g., firewalls, intrusion detection/protection systems, anti-virus, and content blacklists) for specialized cyber defense applications.
- Perform system administration on specialized cyber defense applications and systems (e.g., anti-virus, audit and remediation) Virtual Private Network (VPN) devices and load balancers, to include installation, configuration, maintenance, backup and restoration.
- Assist in identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating the protection of critical cyber defense infrastructure and key resources.
- Build, install, configure, and test dedicated cyber defense hardware.
- Assist in assessing the impact of implementing and sustaining a dedicated cyber defense infrastructure.
- Administer test bed(s), and test and evaluate applications, hardware infrastructure, rules/signatures, access controls, and configurations of platforms managed by service provider(s).
- Create, edit, and manage network access control lists on specialized cyber defense systems (e.g., firewalls and intrusion prevention systems).
- Identify potential conflicts with implementation of any cyber defense tools (e.g., tool and signature testing and optimization).
- Coordinate with system users to troubleshoot issues related to cyber defense systems.
- Evaluate systems and services directly related to IT security and cyber defense systems.
Participate on the Incident Response Team
- Investigate actual and/or potential IT security incidents and halt damaging activities where possible.
- Document findings and recommend corrective actions.
- Ability to perform work such as maintenance or incident response after normal business hours.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with course work in cybersecurity and computer science or a related field, and/or any combination of education, training, and experience providing understanding of the field and the ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Three years of working experience in various aspects of Information Technology as an analyst/programmer or similar professional level, including systems administration, networking and/or application development.
- Three years of working experience in cybersecurity as an analyst or engineer. Experience in: installing and maintaining commercial software products; incident handling/response, and disaster recovery planning.
- Experience and/or training in use of the networking equipment (switches, routers, etc.).
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Vendor-specific training and certification for firewall, IDS/IPS, virus management, etc.
- Professional certification in information security - CISSP, CISA, SANS GSEC, etc.
Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
Be sure to complete a set of pre-screening questions and e-sign your application.
Failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: email@example.com
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.