Water/Wastewater Project Manager
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century. Dewberry is seeking a Project Manager in our Fairfax, Virginia office to contribute to and/or manage a wide range of challenging water/wastewater projects. This is an opportunity for an individual to join a team of energetic, highly engaged professionals in Dewberry’s growing Water Service Line. The ideal candidate will have a prominent role on our team, strong organizational and communication skills, and the ability to work with clients and engineers and other technicians on a variety of water and wastewater projects from planning through final design, construction, and commissioning. With support from the enterprise, the successful candidate will be capable of participating in business development activities, and preparing project work plans and fee estimates for task order oriented contracts. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage an array of water/wastewater projects for public-sector and municipal clients.
- Manage detailed design projects while interfacing and coordinating with clients and other engineering disciplines, technicians, and permitting specialists.
- Prepare and monitor project work plans, schedules and budgets.
- Design of wastewater collection systems, including sewer design and rehabilitation, and pump station design.
- Design of water distribution, pumping, and storage systems, including system modeling.
- Design of wastewater and water treatment processes. Small treatment plant (
- Preparation of engineering reports, feasibility studies and technical memorandums for water and wastewater conveyance and treatment systems.
- Effectively understand and communicate project expectations to project team and client.
- Provide technical assistance and mentoring of junior staff.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending seminars, workshops, and conferences, reviewing professional publications, and actively participating in State and/or National professional societies through committee involvement and technical presentations.
- Bachelors degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or related field, Master’s degree will count towards years of experience.A minimum of 5 years of experience in the water/wastewater field.Thorough knowledge and ability to apply theories, principles, concepts and practices of civil and environmental engineering to the design and construction of public water, wastewater, and reclaimed water conveyance and treatment infrastructure.