Associate Director/Membership Liason
Associate Director/Membership Liaison
The Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) Washington-based Government Affairs team is hiring an Associate Director. This individual will serve as a direct liaison between the Government Affairs department and medical group practice leaders across the country, interacting with MGMA members on a daily basis. The role has two primary functions: to educate medical practices about the in and outs of federal health care legislation and regulation, and to understand the tangible impact of federal policies on group practices to help inform MGMA’s advocacy efforts in Washington.
Duties and responsibilities include:
· Responding to questions on a myriad of federal health care policies and Medicare Part B payment issues, such as quality reporting programs, Medicare Physician Fee Schedule updates, and compliance topics.
· Regularly speaking at state and national Association meetings on pertinent health care legislation and regulations.
· Monitoring, researching and analyzing policy changes relevant to members and the organization.
· Contributing to the development of articles, summaries and fact sheets, as well as advocacy letters as needed.
· Coordinating the Association’s grassroots efforts.
Applicants should have a substantive knowledge of and interest in health policy, as well as strong communication, writing and public speaking skills. Candidates must be self-motivated, personable and able to work collaboratively with other staff. A bachelor’s degree is required. A graduate degree or equivalent political or healthcare policy experience is strongly preferred. Applicants must be willing to travel. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. MGMA offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Apply for Associate Director/Membership Liason
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly