The National Press Club is looking for a Membership Associate. The successful candidate will provide administrative assistance and support to the Membership Department. Reporting to the Director of Membership Administration, the Membership Associate will:
- Serve as administrative support to the membership staff
- Assist with members' house and dues billing
- Set up new members, maintain and update membership database
- Contact members for any additional information needed to complete an application
- Scan members' information into the Jonas database
- Work with the Accounting Department to ensure credit cards on file are valid and expiration dates are up-to-date
- Check the status of members' dues and house accounts
- Assist in contacting members on the Suspension List for non-payment before they are suspended
- Issue Fob Keys and/or QR Codes to members and guests
- Assist with membership projects and serve as staff liaison to assigned Club Teams
- Cover for the Security Desk Associate when necessary, which would include answering the phones, directing visitors/guests, assist members and guests entering the facility through the security gates safe and efficient, make directional signs and perform other necessary administrative duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements: Bachelor's degree preferred. At least two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in maintaining a database. Basic computer proficiency. Candidate must have a professional attitude and must demonstrate patience and tack when dealing with Members of all personalities and backgrounds. High level of interpersonal and customer service skills. Excellent writing and communication skills.
The National Press Club is an equal opportunity employer.
The National Press Club is the world’s leading professional organization for journalists. It serves its members through activities that bolster their skills, through services that meet the changing needs of the global communications profession, and through social activities that build a vital media community in Washington and across the world.
Apply for Membership Associate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly