The American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) is the national voice for baccalaureate and graduate nursing education. AACN works to establish quality standards for nursing education; assists schools in implementing those standards; influences the nursing profession to improve health care; and promotes public support for professional nursing education, research, and practice.
Who We are Seeking
AACN is seeking a new team member to fill the role of Marketing Manager. This is a full-time position with primary responsibility of developing and implementing all creative marketing initiatives across a wide variety of program areas.
Working in conjunction with the Chief Communications Officer (CCO) and Director of Communications to develop marketing campaigns that increase engagement in AACN.
Works with the CCO to develop initiatives that will increase the visibility of AACN as the national voice for baccalaureate and higher degree nursing education.
Assists with updating and writing such as press releases, reports, articles, brochures, newsletters and publications, as directed by the CCO. Responsible for all other e-marketing efforts.
Manages AACN’s social media accounts for marketing and member engagement.
Manages associations email and marketing calendar.
Prepares presentations, talking points, and speeches.
Works with the CCO to evaluate the performance of AACN’s marketing communications and outreach to determine the effectiveness of the various efforts, compiling results for the board, executive team and fellow employees.
Proofread and edit all association documents.
The Marketing Manager is creative, self-starter who is able to execute and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines; and has experience with creating and implementing marketing strategies that attract, inform, and engage AACN members in a quick turnaround time period.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in equivalent position
- Experience with creating digital and print media including ads, e-newsletters, publications, press releases, social media kits, etc.
- Computer skills and strong knowledge of Adobe Products such as Photoshop
- Experience with social media platforms, graphic design tools (canva.com), email marketing software (Real Magnet, Informz)
- Experience with association management systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong editorial skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with team members
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.