Fielders Choice Enterprises/ Wagner Construction/DLB Enterprises, all a member of The Caton Companies, are seeking a Construction Controller who is a solution oriented, results driven, and highly detailed thinker who can manage this new position.
The Controller’s objective is to maximize financial return by establishing policies, controls, and reporting systems. The Controller will manage the overall directions, coordination, and evaluation of the accounting operation for the construction companies within The Caton Companies (Company). The Controller is expected to carry our supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws. The Controller will lead the day-to-day accounting operation with either functional responsibility for or cooperation responsibility for accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Accounting Leadership Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate standards and regulatory requirements.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of the financial status of the companies.
- Assist leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Coordinate all audit activity.
- Manage cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with the CFO; continuously collaborate with leadership to assess the financial efficacy of operations, and establish systems to support operations.
- Manage and track the performance of assets in keeping with policies and investment guidelines.
- Report to the Board of Directors when necessary in writing and verbally.
- Team Leadership Leverage strengths of the current finance and accounting team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Technology Leadership Manage accounting and reporting software integration and coordinate ongoing utilization and continuous learning with the IT department of The Caton Companies.
- Solve problems with an analytic approach to data interpretation rather than simply a reporting mindset.
- Translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels of the organization including finance and non-finance managers.
- Technical Capacity.
- Performance Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
This position is responsible for managing the Accounting Department for The Caton Companies construction companies.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires up to 25% travel. Driving between offices.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- Five or more years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree
- CPA certification preferred but not required
Salary depends on skills and experience. Family-owned and family-friendly, the Caton Companies offer 401(k), excellent medical/dental coverage, as well as other benefits. To learn more about the Caton Companies, and to apply, visit www.catoncompanies.com
Equal Opportunity Employer