Intelligence Operations Specialist
Office of the Associate Administrator for Security and Hazardous Materials Safety, Office of National Security Programs and Incident Response, Special Activities & Law Enforcement Division (AEO-300)Learn more about this agency
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
We are not accepting applications from noncitizens.
Applicants must demonstrate at least one year (52 weeks) of SPECIALIZED experience equivalent to the next lower grade/pay band (FG/GS-13/FV-I) in the Federal Government or non-Federal equivalent. Specialized experience is defined as that which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform the duties of the position, and is typically in or directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE is defined as:
- experience managing or implementing a national security program that provides support to the IC, DoD, and the LE community;
- experience implementing the technical requirements of a SCI Program in accordance with ICDs; and
- experience negotiating MOUs and reimbursable and interagency agreements.
You should include relevant examples of the specialized experience in your work history. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or may result in you not being considered.
Answer all questions to the best of your ability. DO NOT ASSUME THAT BECAUSE YOU HOLD, OR HAVE HELD THIS POSITION, YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE FOUND ELIGIBLE. You may be asked to provide evidence or documentation that you have this type of experience later in the selection process. Your responses are subject to verification through job interviews, or any other information obtained during the application process. Any exaggeration of your experience or any attempt to conceal information can result in disqualification.
Eligible applicants meeting the minimum qualification requirements and/or Selective Placement Factor(s) (SPF) may be further evaluated on the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) and/or Quality Ranking Factor (QRF) listed in the announcement. Based on this evaluation, applicants will be placed in one of the following categories: (1) score order; (2) category grouping; priority grouping; or (3) alphabetical, and referred to the selecting official for selection consideration.
*Applicants who fail to demonstrate possession of any of the above criteria AND who do not provide the required documentation will receive no further consideration for this position.*
Applicants may be asked to verify information on your application for employment with the FAA.
**All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.**
In addition to the minimum qualifications, the following has been determined to be a selective factor for this position. This means possession of this criterion is part of the minimum qualifications and is essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Applicants who do not possess this criterion are ineligible for further consideration.
- SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTOR: Skill in processing requests for airmen/aircraft registration and Civil Aviation Medical Institute's medical certificates, and formal requests for SFARs waivers.
IMPORTANT: Ensure that your work experience supports your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA), and Other Factors answers. Your answers and associated work experience will be evaluated further to validate whether the answers that you selected are appropriate.
Education cannot be substituted for experience.
We may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions.
Travel may be required.
Position may be subject to a background investigation.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies.
1) As a part of the Federal-Wide Hiring Reform Initiative (streamlining the hiring process), the FAA is committed to eliminating the use of the Knowledge, Skills and Ability (KSA) narratives from the initial application in the hiring process for all announcements. Therefore, as an applicant for this announcement, you are NOT required to provide a narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA.
In lieu of providing a narrative response in the text box listed below each Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, in your work history, please include information that provides specific examples of how you meet the response level or answer you chose for each KSA. Your work history examples should be specific and clearly reflect the highest level of ability. Your KSA answers will be evaluated further to validate whether the level that you selected is appropriate based on the work history and experience you provided. Your answers may be adjusted by a Human Resource Specialist as appropriate.
2) This position is covered by the FAA Core Compensation plan. Additional information about core compensation is available on the following website: http://jobs.faa.gov/FAACoreCompensation.htm.
3) This Level 4 (Special Sensitive) position requires favorable adjudication of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) background investigation prior to appointment, unless a waiver is obtained.
4) This position is covered by the Department of Transportation's Drug and Alcohol Testing Program. Persons occupying a "testing designated position (TDP)" will be subject to random drug and/or alcohol testing.
5) Leave Enhancement: FAA organizations may offer enhanced annual leave accrual to certain newly-appointed or reappointed employees. To receive consideration, applicants' prior non-Federal service or active duty uniformed service must directly relate to the duties of the position to which appointed. Granting enhanced annual leave accrual is at the sole discretion of the hiring organization, is neither an entitlement nor a guarantee.
6) This announcement is also being advertised under VA #AWA-AEO-17-0021JH-54169. Review each announcement before making application to determine your eligibility to apply.
7) This vacancy announcement is limited for the receipt of applications. Once at least 75 applications are received, the announcement will close at 11:59p EST on that date, or on the established closing date, whichever occurs first.
8) This position requires shift work which includes night, weekend, holiday, and may require emergency shift work in support of a 24-hour/7-days a week operations center.
This is not a bargaining unit position.
Links to Important Information: Locality Pay , COLA Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT: Applicants may be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position(s). All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated. Ensure that your application package/resume supports your responses.
To preview the application questionnaire, click the following link: View Application Questionnaire