The Defense Health Agency, National Capital Region Medical Directorate (NCR-MD) is the future of Military Medicine- a partnership in World Class Medical Healthcare. The Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, the National Intrepid Center of Excellence (NICoE), Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, Dilorenzo Clinic and the Joint Pathology Center, provide world class medical services to the nation's service members and their families.
About the Position:
Ft Belvoir Community Hospital (FBCH) is a community hospital with a capacity of 120 beds, with a total square footage in area of responsibility in excess of 1.5M square feet. FBCH's Facilities Management Department (FMD) currently has 20 personnel organized into 5 Sections, the Operations and Maintenance Section. The other four Sections are Operations and Maintenance, Environmental Services, Planning and Design, and Business Operations. All five sections report directly to the Department Chief. FMD is responsible for facility operations, maintenance, renovation, and construction work for the FBCH campus and its outlying facilities. The incumbent will perform planning and estimating for maintenance and repair projects; will perform troubleshooting of hospital utility architectural systems; will monitor maintenance, inspections, testing and reporting of hospital utility systems in compliance with requirements of The Joint Commission; and will recommend changes to policies and procedures as required.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Tier 3 (T3) security clearance.
- This position requires the incumbent to have tuberculosis testing.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: Develop engineering projects from initial conception to completion. Ensure policies to achieve and maintain joint commission compliance for a medical treatment facility are adhered to. Interpret codes and regulations, (primarily fire and life safety codes) applying them to existing conditions in the medical treatment facility. Maintain and organize utility system documentation for compliance. Technically proficient in all aspects of Life Safety, Electrical and Mechanical that are specific to a Medical Treatment Facility. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09).
Individual Occupational Requirement: Examples of qualifying specialized experience include technical work in: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, system controls, fire and life safety, or architectural features.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone -- no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Oral Communication
- Reading Comprehension
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Procedures information sheet.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.