Mobile Equipment Servicer (MVO)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: Arlington National Cemetery is located in Arlington, VA. Since May of 1864, Arlington National Cemetery has served as the nation's premier military cemetery and shrine honoring those men and women who served in the Armed Forces.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 29 position.
- This position requires the incumbent to obtain and maintain a commercial driver's license (CDL).
- This position requires the incumbent to possess or be able to obtain and maintain a valid state driver's license.
- Requires drug testing prior to appointment and periodically thereafter.
- This is a mission essential position and the incumbent is required to report to work under all weather conditions.
- This position requires a pre-employment physical exam and annually thereafter.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of an Mobile Equipment Servicer (MVO) without more than normal supervision.Screen-Out Element: removing and installing wiper blades, light bulbs, checking air pressure in tires and inflate to correct pressure; to charge batteries and add distilled water or battery acid as necessary - Failure to meet this Screen out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
- Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision
- Ability To Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes blueprinting reading)
- Ability To Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.
- Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
Physical Effort: Lifts objects weighing up to 50 pounds, and lifts heavier items with assistance. Incumbent frequently walks, stands, bends, reaches, and works in awkward positions. The incumbent frequently works on top of equipment at heights up to 18 feet above the ground. Physical effort is needed at this level to maneuver the longer and heavier vehicles, especially when backing these vehicles.
Working Conditions: Incumbent works outside in all types of weather. Indoor work is done in dirty, oily, and greasy areas where there is constant exposure to cuts, bruises and burns. Incumbent operates motor vehicles on public roads all over the surrounding area in all kinds of weather and traffic conditions.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Procedures information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. Read more Security clearance Not Applicable