If you want to do interesting and challenging work and to make a contribution to national defense, DISA is a great place for you. DISA provides secure and reliable communications and computing support that enable the President and our military forces to communicate globally through voice, video, and data transmission. DISA is a leader within the Federal Government in implementing "people programs" and offers a broad range of quality-of-life and training programs. Go to www.disa.mil for more information.
This position is in the Senior Executive Service (SES), a small elite group of top government leaders. SES members possess a diverse portfolio of experiences including strong skills to lead across organizations.
The incumbent of this SES Tier 1 position serves as the senior advisor under the Deputy Commander, JFHQ-DODIN, who is a General/Flag Officer (GO/FO). The Commander, JFHQ is dual-hatted as the Director, DISA, a 3-Star GO/FO. The JFHQ-DODIN Executive responsibilities include command and control of DODIN operations, defensive cyber operations-internal defense measures (DCO-IDM), intelligence analyses, and movement and maneuver of Cyber Defense Forces; he/she provides senior management to the JFHQ-DODIN staff through a chief of staff and a joint staff directorate (J-1 through J-8); assists in consolidating the entire JFHQ-DODIN as a unified joint force; command and control (C2) of DOD components that secure, operate, and defend the DODIN; coordinates and synchronizes activities with Service Cyber and Agency components for unity of command and effort; leverages the Joint Operational Planning Process along with other processes, directs deliberate and crisis action planning, intelligence preparation of the operational environment, mission analysis and mission execution; and develops commander's intent, sets operational priorities and executes operational objectives to meet mission goals.authority to the Director of Procurement, DISA, by providing executive oversight for strategic and long range planning on all aspects of procurement requirements in support of the DISA mission areas. Responsible for all DISA procurement actions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Background or Security Investigation:
The individual selected will be subject to an investigation in conjunction with granting of a security clearance prior to appointment. Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs):
Applicants must submit written statements (narrative format ) describing accomplishments that would satisfy the ECQs. You must address each ECQ separately. You are required to respond to all ECQs. If you fail to do so, you will be rated as 'ineligible.' Additional information on the ECQs is available at www.opm.gov/ses/recruitment/ecq.asp. Each accomplishment should be clear, concise, and emphasize your level of responsibilities, the scope and complexity of programs managed, and results of your actions. Please limit your written statements to 1 ½ page per ECQ.
ECQ 1 - LEADING CHANGE: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
ECQ 2 - LEADING PEOPLE: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
ECQ 3 - RESULTS DRIVEN: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
ECQ 4 - BUSINESS ACUMEN: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
ECQ 5 - BUILDING COALITIONS: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
Failure to meet any one of the mandatory technical qualifications requirements automatically disqualifies an applicant.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS: All applicants must submit written statements (narrative format) of accomplishments that would satisfy the technical qualifications. You must address each technical qualification separately. Please limit your written statements to 1 page per technical qualification.
- Broad knowledge and senior level experience in C2 and joint operations, cyberspace defense and communication;
- Demonstrated skill and experience in planning and managing senior level relationships amongst cost, budget, and resources in a large, complex information technology environment; and
- Broad knowledge and experience working at a headquarters level, joint command, with knowledge of the Department of Defense Information Network Operations and Defense Cyber Space Operations-Internal Defensive Measures supporting a globally distributed Joint Operations Area and all of DOD Service Components.
There is no substitution of education for experience for this position.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Current and Former Career SES members, and graduates of SES CDP programs with OPM Certified ECQ's need to only address the technical qualifications (and need not respond to the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)). Graduates of an approved SES Candidate Development Program must include a copy of their OPM certification of eligibility.
- The incumbent must be eligible to obtain and maintain, at minimum, a Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
- The position is a Drug Testing Designated Position.
- The incumbent is required to comply with the provision of the Ethics in Government Act, Public Law 95-521, as amended, which requires the submission of a Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE 278, upon assuming the position, annually, and upon termination of employment.
- All newly appointed career SES leaders must sign the Reassignment Rights Obligations Agreement as a condition of appointment into the SES.
- Occasional Travel Required.
- Permanent Change of Station Costs (PCS) will be paid. Relocation allowances will be considered.
- You may serve up to a two-year probationary period unless you previously completed the probationary period in the SES.
- This position is subject to reassignment requirements, in accordance with the DISA Civilian Workforce Agility, Mobility, and Development Program.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the quality and extent of your total accomplishments, experience and education. Your application will be evaluated by a rating and ranking panel, and highly qualified candidates may undergo an interview and a reference check. The Executive Resources Board (ERB) will review results and make recommendations on final selections to the appointing authority. Unless you have already been certified by a Qualifications Review Board (QRB) in the past, your ECQs must be certified by a QRB before appointment can occur.Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI